cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Payment

CinnamonKirk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's technically a double payment, but I'll explain. 

I went to another provider briefly thinking it would be good, and it wasn't. Came back to PM under a new number and transfered my old one back over to maintain it. I got a new plan, and the account with my old one has been disabled. I check my harges though and i was charged for my old plan, and the new one I started up, one day after the other. Is that normal as an exit charge? Because if so, understandable. I just want to clarify if that was a charge for me leaving on my other account since I used the service before my scheduled payment date. 

9 REPLIES 9

CinnamonKirk

@hycm53 wrote:

@CinnamonKirk wrote:

I went to another provider briefly thinking it would be good, and it wasn't. Came back to PM under a new number and transfered my old one back over to maintain it. I got a new plan, and the account with my old one has been disabled. I check my harges though and i was charged for my old plan, and the new one I started up, one day after the other. Is that normal as an exit charge? Because if so, understandable. I just want to clarify if that was a charge for me leaving on my other account since I used the service before my scheduled payment date. 

If you still keep auto pay for your old plan, I think PM will continually charge to your old plan. So you should disable auto pay for your old plan and remove CC in your old plan. Your old SIM card and old phone number will be gone after 90 days.

I no longer have access to that account as it was disabled, and my number was ported twice. Once ot the new provider, and once again back to PM with my new account and email. 

CinnamonKirk

The payment day is usually around the 24th, so that's why it was odd. 

@GinYVR wrote:
@CinnamonKirkwhen is your renewal date of your old plan / account? It might be the result that you opened the new account around the same time as the renewal date of the old account? Since we don't know the exact details of your account information, we can only offer suggestions.

@CinnamonKirk when is your renewal date of your old plan / account? It might be the result that you opened the new account around the same time as the renewal date of the old account? Since we don't know the exact details of your account information, we can only offer suggestions.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@CinnamonKirk wrote:

If you still keep auto pay for your old plan, I think PM will continually charge to your old plan. So you should disable auto pay for your old plan and remove CC in your old plan. Your old SIM card and old phone number will be gone after 90 days.

CinnamonKirk

@popping wrote:

@CinnamonKirk wrote:

When you ported out your number, your old PM account was cancelled.  PM is a prepaid service, there is no refund of the unused days of your old account.

You should have not port out your PM number until you are happy with the new provider before porting out your old number.

You're 100% right. It was a mistake on my part that day. I was just making sure I knew what that was and the clear reasoning. I'm not upset about the charge at all, just looking to understand. 🙂

CinnamonKirk

I opened a new account under a new email, just with the same information, so I didn't really renew my account. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CinnamonKirk wrote:

When you ported out your number, your old PM account was cancelled.  PM is a prepaid service, there is no refund of the unused days of your old account.

You should have not port out your PM number until you are happy with the new provider before porting out your old number.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@CinnamonKirkOnce you leave all prepaid companies expect your account to be closed and  any balance remained will be forfeited.. so when you left PM, the number ported, the account is automatically closed.

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CinnamonKirk  - There is no exit charge.  However, If your number was ported out by the other provider after your old PM plan renewed, then it is perfectly normal.  It would simply be a matter of timing.

Need Help? Let's chat.