cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does porting number from Public Mobile close the PM account?

smoj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just started using public mobile 3 weeks ago and want to switch to another service (Fizz). I still have the $10 credit in my account from signing up and plan to come back to public mobile in the future. Can I port my PM number to Fizz while still keeping my PM account with the funds I have in it?

I want to port the same number back to PM later and have my $10 still there.

3 REPLIES 3

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smoj, unfortunately once you port your number successfully that is now considered a closed account according to PM, so whatever credits you have at the time will be lost.  I suggest you port back when there's a promo deal going on.  Just keep an eye out, I usually see offers once every 3 months.  Maybe wait until December holidays kicks in, I'm sure there will be plenty of deals at that time.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@smoj wrote:

I just started using public mobile 3 weeks ago and want to switch to another service (Fizz). I still have the $10 credit in my account from signing up and plan to come back to public mobile in the future. Can I port my PM number to Fizz while still keeping my PM account with the funds I have in it?

Your account will be closed if you port out your number.

You should disable autopay and delete you credit card from your account before porting.  A few subscribers have reported PM continue to take money out of their account after account was canceled after number ported out.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@smoj wrote:

No, once you port out. You lose everything. The account is PERMANENTLY DEACTIVATED, Deleted, SIM DEAD, ALL Add-Ons, Positive Balances, PM # Forfeited.

There used to be a work-around but the mods officially do not allow it anymore.

If you wish to keep your PM phone number you MUST keep your PM account active until you have had the new company port your phone number over.

There have been cases where the mods (on special cases) would allow the funds to be transfered to a "friend" before the account has been closed but thats another ball game.

Need Help? Let's chat.