cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know about new promotion this December?

fisher
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

my friends wanna transfer his plan to PM. but there is no good deal for this fall 2017. 

i did not see any deal like 12G/120dollar for last year.

Does PM have new promotion this December 2017?

welcome reply..     Cat Tongue

19 REPLIES 19

wirelessfriend
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@sirvar wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think there was a black friday promo?

My guess is they are planning something for a more Canadian boxing day. One can hope. I'm on the 90day/12gb LTE plan for 37 with autopay and referall so I don't think there will be anything better than that haha.

You're right there wasn't anything this BF. I made the switch around then anyway bc I wanted to get away from rogers and get the clock started on my loyalty (> 12 months) discount and bc I plan to change plans if something better comes up.

So many glass half full folks here.  Stick around, you’ll find the glass is full as it is, liquid and air combined, 100%.

sirvar

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think there was a black friday promo?

My guess is they are planning something for a more Canadian boxing day. One can hope. I'm on the 90day/12gb LTE plan for 37 with autopay and referall so I don't think there will be anything better than that haha.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's nice that you are enjoying your plan. 🙂

I wouldn't count on any promotions. 😞

shadowbanker

I'm sure there will be some promos for the holidays that will come, all carriers usually have holiday specials especially around Boxing Day. That said I'm happy with my 90d/12GB LTE  plan... I get downloads averaging 80-100 mbits and I still have like 3.5 gigs to burn in 2 weeks before the plan renews 😉 Lots of TED talks on the road I guess. And with community rewards this plan will now cost me $41/month. Not too shabby considering with Telus/Rogers/Bell plans I'd pay probably $35 more a month for the same thing.

Clefort88
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wouldn’t that be something lol 

here I am, still, losing my mind in joy of having the $52 plan that provides 6GB of data on 3G lol 

Can’t even begin to imagine a promotion better than that for me 😍

I would tell your friend to join either way, really. Promotions or not, you’re still on the large side of saving $50-$150 a month with PM. 👌🏻

bryclops

@fisher wrote:

i dont think so.because he does not spend lots of money right now . he can wait for a good deal by the end of year. !  we still have time to see what is the surprise for this xmaxs!

maybe PM or others has a good plan coming soon.!

we will see....

What exactly does your friend have now?  How much data, local/provincial/canda-wide calling, and for how much?

I have to say that the 3G plans now are one of the most under rated things right now, everyone is looking for a fall promo from 2016 with full LTE.  There is no guarantee that prices don't go up or bonus data is removed before your friend thinks about switching.  There was bonus LTE data a few months ago which is now gone. If something better comes along once they are a member you can future date a plan change if it is avaiable to all customers.

fisher

i dont think so.because he does not spend lots of money right now . he can wait for a good deal by the end of year. !  we still have time to see what is the surprise for this xmaxs!

maybe PM or others has a good plan coming soon.!

we will see....

bryclops

The 4GB +2GB bonus for 30 days at $52 on 3G (2.5mbps LTE) on province wide calling or cheaper if you price it out for 90 days is a decent deal.  I have been using it for over 2 weeks now and it feels the same as my other Public Mobile sim card that has full LTE.  Only in extreme situations like downloading app around 100MB would you feel the speed difference.   Regular web browsing feels the same.  Youtube may take a few seconds longer to start if you are watching 1080p video but once it gets going I've seen no issue.

There maybe surprise in december.  Who knows.  You will see.

sirvar

I am guessing there will be some very soon for Christmas/New Years/Boxing Day. Some offers are for new customers while others let existing customers change their plan with self-serve. We all have to wait like you to see what PM has to offer

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, a holiday promotion would be nice but it probably won't happen. Just keep checking the PM site out every so often. Maybe PM will surprise us? 😉

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@fisher, if your friend is currently paying more then what a plan would cost here yet are waiting for a "promo" that doesn't make sense.  Spending more money in hopes of saving a bit more in the future.  How about if there is a plan that is better priced and works for them better switch now.  Save now and potentailly save more later!

Waiting a couple of weeks to see if a promo comes out may be worthwhile.  While this service has no contracts stretching longer than 90 days, other options may tie the hands for up to 24 months.  Always broaden the search to every available vendor.  Giving us some additional details on the type of plan that is needed could help improve the suggestions. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Also the sooner your friend joins the sooner they can get rewards ( community, refferals and loyalty)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@fisher, if your friend is currently paying more then what a plan would cost here yet are waiting for a "promo" that doesn't make sense.  Spending more money in hopes of saving a bit more in the future.  How about if there is a plan that is better priced and works for them better switch now.  Save now and potentailly save more later!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If recent history is any indicator, expect no special promos for the month of December. 

JDT

As @stonechucker said, (almost) all Public Mobile promotions have been available to both new and existing customers, so if your friends would save money by switching now, there's no reason to wait.

Take a look at the plans page now, and if there's a reasonable savings compared to what your friend is currently paying, it's a no brainer to switch now.  The sooner they start, the sooner they save.  If your friend is in BC, Alberta or Ontario, they're probably paying too much on a Big 3 or Middle 3 (or Freedom) for what they're getting.

Only once has there been a restriction on who could join a new promotion, but their were ways around it. 

denkom

Unfortunately we don't know about any promotions ahead of time until they are posted by the @CS_Agent. That being said, it is looking very unlikely that there will be a promotion anytime soon as this year we didn't even see a Fall Promo. The best thing to do is keep checking the community for announcements. 

Need Help? Let's chat.