cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have an extra sim card they want to sell in Toronto?

M00SE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my sim card while I was travelling and need a replacement. I'd rather not wait the 3-7 days it takes to ship a new one, and it sounds like some people have had to wait a lot more than that lately.

Does anyone know of any stores in Toronto that sell them? To my knowledge, the only place is visionmobile up in Markham.

If PM isn't going to have any physical locations, why can't they offer same day / 1 day shipping for a fee?

11 REPLIES 11

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@london_fog wrote:

I have 2 SIM cards that I am willing to give someone for free. I just have no use for them. Please private message me if you want one or both of them. I work in downtown Toronto, but live in North York.

@london_fog

I've sent you a pm.

london_fog

I have 2 SIM cards that I am willing to give someone for free. I just have no use for them. Please private message me if you want one or both of them. I work in downtown Toronto, but live in North York.

M00SE

Just to follow up: I ordered the sim Monday afternoon, got an email from PM Wednesday evening telling me the order had shipped, and it arrived in my mailbox this morning (Thursday). I live in downtown Toronto.

Not the ideal situation being phoneless for 3 days, considering sim cards are the only product PM ships, and with all the same day shipping options available. But all in all, the bennefits still outweigh these little annoyances, so I'll leave it at that.

@M00SE If you are desperate and willing to come out to Mississauga send me a private message. You may have my spare SIM; no charge.

If you're willing to manage for he next day, or so, but need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi, or on cellular data. It will make a great emergency backup anyway.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

spaceman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hey

I ordered mine right before afternoon and I had mine delivered the next day in the mail in Mississauga.

So its fairly quick, just order it. You'll end up spending more time debating whether you should order or pick one up at the store. If you end up buying one at the store, order another one for unforseen emergencies, like now.

M00SE

@SD08 Thanks for the info, I just ordered it so we'll see when it arrives!

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
I ordered a couple and in Ottawa they show up on the second business day. A lot of people here are from Toronto, it should be easy enough.

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I got mine in two days.

I am in Markham area as well.  Would give you one for free since I'm no longer trying to sign up friends or family.

You would have to come up this way though.  

I'm outside the GTHA, in Southern Ontario, and I got it next day 🙂

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Last I checked, it was 3-5 shipping (business days), and within the Mississauga ground delivery area, if you ordered a SIM bemore 11 am, you would have it the next day.  Canada Post express delivery.

The cost is $5 + taxes for the SIM, and shipping is free.

This was my experience last fall, and I do not believe it has changed dramatically.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The shipping time may be stated as 3-7 days, but if you're in Toronto, the actual delivery time is usually a lot less, because it ships from Mississauga.  I received my SIM in 2 days.  There was even a report of someone getting theirs the next day.  If you do decide to order a SIM after all, I suggest you do it now during business hours to get it as quickly as possible.

Need Help? Let's chat.