cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do incoming calls USE UP 50 min talk - $10 talk 50 min and text Plan?

Kristi1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1. It means if somebody calls – does this call eat up 50 Public Mobile minutes?

How works this $10 Plan - do incoming calls count against these 50 min talk or not?

I cannot find the answer…

2. When 50 min ends – will be some notification?

Or some charge if goes over?

Very confusing…

5 REPLIES 5

Kristi1

@ShawnC13 - Thank you and also for the link (!). Yes ad ons really is good solution! Agree!

Kristi1

Thank you much all of you (!) I understand now.
And advices too, as they're great and it helps!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Kristi1 wrote:

1. It means if somebody calls – does this call eat up 50 Public Mobile minutes?

How works this $10 Plan - do incoming calls count against these 50 min talk or not?

I cannot find the answer…

2. When 50 min ends – will be some notification?

Or some charge if goes over?

Very confusing…

Yes it does use up your 50 minutes when you answer a call.  I am not sure about a notification when you are close to your 50 minutes.  you can't go over and be charged after the fact.  PM is a PREPAID service there are no overage charges.  You could always add a Long Distance addon $8 200 minutes or $15 400 minutes and you could then use these minutes if you use all of your 50 minutes.  Or you could renew your plan early.

Check out the first post of this thread to find out more about the plan

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Mobile-Community/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Community

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kristi1, YES, incomming calls use up your 50 minutes of talk time.  When you run out of minutes, there will not be any additional charge (since this is a prepaid service). However, you will no longer be able to receive or make any calls.  That said, If you want to have extra minutes available in case you use up the 50 minutes, you can buy a long distance add-on ($8 for 200minutes).  The add-n minutes will only get used if you run out of your 50 minutes.  Also, the 200 minute add-on does not expire.  Whatever you do not use stays in your account until the next month, and then the next month, etc.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes all minutes will count even checking your voicemail. 

You should get a text when you have almost used all your minutes. Service will stop working when you are out there are no overages because this is a prepaid service 

Need Help? Let's chat.