cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to cancel with the old company after porting?

superme2k1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just finished porting my number from Wind to Public. Do I need to contact Wind for anything (like canceling the account on their end)? Will both companies charge me together for the next month, or is there some agreement that once the transfer is done Wind will just stop charging?

Thanks

Chris

3 REPLIES 3

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@superme2k1

Porting a number from one carrier to another results in it's cancellation at the carrier you were initially with. Your number can only be active with one carrier at a time. If you were on a post-paid style account the carrier will send you a final bill, if you were on prepaid your service should simply end.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

The porting process is what cancels your previous providers contract.  After the port your old account will be closed.  Your Wind account should pro-rated for when it is closed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hslee1210
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
No, it will be automatically cancelled once porting is completed. But, it always doesn't hurt to double check, After porting, just make sure you paid complete balance from the previous service provider. 🙂
Need Help? Let's chat.