cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I Lose Promotions If I do Lost/Stolen Trick?

MelonEatsPhone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello community,

I am just curious what will happen to my promotion benefits if I am forced to do the lost/stolen trick to reactivate my phone?

For example the recent promo is that $5 off $35 phone plan if I stay active and autopay. Will I lose that $5 if I do the lost/stolen trick?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@MelonEatsPhone wrote:

Hello community,

I am just curious what will happen to my promotion benefits if I am forced to do the lost/stolen trick to reactivate my phone?

For example the recent promo is that $5 off $35 phone plan if I stay active and autopay. Will I lose that $5 if I do the lost/stolen trick?

Thank you!

@MelonEatsPhone  That's a great question. The answer is nobody really knows. Hopefully @Alan_K  will answer soon. In the meantime my recomendation is to NOT do it!

@MelonEatsPhoneGreat question! I can confirm that the lost/stolen feature will not remove the promo from your account.

Thanks for reply @Alan_K. So would that be for any other promo particulars of the past and future? Would it be true to say that any promo particulars would only drop off upon suspension for lack of payment? What if one uses the lost/stolen feature and then renewal goes by?

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@geopublic wrote:

@MelonEatsPhone wrote:

Hello community,

Thank you!

@MelonEatsPhone  That's a great question. The answer is nobody really knows. Hopefully @Alan_K  will answer soon. In the meantime my recomendation is to NOT do it!

@MelonEatsPhone Great question! I can confirm that the lost/stolen feature will not remove the promo from your account.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MelonEatsPhone wrote:

Hello community,

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RossN wrote:

MelonEatsPhonee if I may clarify my point it helps if your account gets suspended through no fault of your own around here that happens far too often on the other hand if someone is just negligent in keeping their service active than let the chips fall where they may especially if it's in the terms of a promotion!!

A part of what I'd like to hear from Alan is will a short term suspension cause any loss. I could see suspension for lack of payment. Maybe self-suspension crossing a renewal. But this short term suspension kick in the pants of the service...???

RossN
Mayor / Maire

MelonEatsPhonee if I may clarify my point it helps if your account gets suspended through no fault of your own around here that happens far too often on the other hand if someone is just negligent in keeping their service active than let the chips fall where they may especially if it's in the terms of a promotion!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MelonEatsPhone wrote:

Hello community,

Thank you!

@Alan_K: Would you like to field this? Your promos always say if one were to fall into suspension one would lose the promo. But with the way too long delays to work with a moderator...these "tricks" have been known to get things going before the moderators respond.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

MelonEatsPhonee hi no absolutely not it's only to wake the system up if your account is suspended or you actually loose your phone at least its been like this in the past 

Need Help? Let's chat.