cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed

Shawn930
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, been a happy PM customer for a little under a year and my wifes been with them for 14-16 months

In my area Telus has by far the best network.

Overall there has been very few issues, generally PM Mod team is very quick at responding.

For the past 6 months I keep reading about all these awesome deals PM customers are getting offered to switch to they're sister brand Koodo. 

I'm getting a little annoyed, I'd like to switch to Koodo simply for there Roam like home feature because I travel to the u.s alot. I just read a new redflag deal where PM customer of 3 weeks was offered to switch to Koodo Canada wide 6gb lte for $40 that's a steal, I get it's based on people rate plans as to the offer they get. Im on the 12gb $141/90 rate plan. I have never once received an offer nore has my wife and we are both subscribed ( I've double checked ) as well as spoke with the mod team about trying to get in on one of the offers. It's just disappointed that brand new customers get offered all these sweet deals and Ive never been offered one. I'd prefer to stay with Telus network and one of there sister brands. I'm half tempted to switch to a 3g plan just to try to get in on these offers...

Sorry for the Rant.... 

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ckl same issue for texting too, not just for calling.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren

Oh yes. the phone number issue. I forgot about that since I rarely use the phone function on my smartphone... LOL.

srlawren

@ckl wrote:

get a roam mobility sim card, it's cheaper than Koodo's roam like home. The only problem is that you have to switch sim cards. One possible solution is to get a dual sim phone like an Asus, Xiaomi, Huawei, Samsung, etc.

@ckl yes, that (SIM card juggling, which can be overcome with dual SIM phones) along with not being reachable at your usual phone number, having to give people an alternate, US-based phone number (your RM phone #) to call you at which may or may not cost them long distance, etc.  It's not a slam-dunk when you factor in some of these things, at least not for everyone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Luddite wrote:

@Shawn930 How does roam like home at $7/day seem better than PM's 10 day US roaming plans?

@Luddite really?  You have to ask?  As always, the answer is "it depends". 

For people that mostly vacation in the USA, and make 5-10 day trips, the 10 day PM US Roaming plans are great.  For anyone that lives near the border and makes frequent day trips or 1-2 night weekend getaways, the the $7/day plans are generally better. 

Actually, that still may not be true on the 1-2 night trips if you only need access to one service (e.g. only talk or only text or only a small amount of data), but the $7/day gives you access to all your regular plan features so you really have to compare it to at the cheapest the $20 US Romaing Talk+text+250MB data option, where the breakeven point is essentially 3 days (give or take $1).  

So again, it depends on how often you typically visit the USA, and for how long.  And of course, PM offers zero options for roaming other than to the USA, so that could be a factor (albeit an expensive factor at $12/day) for choosing a provider that offers Easy Roam/Roam Like Home/Fido Roam/etc.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

get a roam mobility sim card, it's cheaper than Koodo's roam like home. The only problem is that you have to switch sim cards. One possible solution is to get a dual sim phone like an Asus, Xiaomi, Huawei, Samsung, etc.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Shawn930, I got the offers back in February and March for the Fall 2016 Promo price change bribe to migrate and didn't take it, as I would be paying more for extra that I didn't need, or want.

Then I thought about switching to the 30 Day $40 for 4.5 GB promo, which also was more than I needed, actually would drop my data speed.  I did make the future dated change but canceled it last week.

As a long time subscriber, I'm ticked that they're trying to move me, whether it's because they think I would want it, or whether than just want me off the Fall Promo.

I'd rather not see offers - but maybe one day, there will be a really great one to take.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Shawn930 How does roam like home at $7/day seem better than PM's 10 day US roaming plans?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

what plan do you have right now?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Shawn930, people on the 2016 fall promo was given a migration offer back in February/March.  You might have blocked the notification messages by mistake.  It does seem like the recent 3G plans are getting the targeted deals.  It might be worthwhile to switching in hopes of being targeted.  It is a bit of a lottery draw though, we never know what will happen. 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

They are trying to move all 4G users to koodoo using that plan.

It is hard to say if it will happen again, only public mobile would know.

If the service is good, stay and see what happens.

PM is missing the roaming features.   Otherwise its alot more userful..

Need Help? Let's chat.