cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Voicemail

shawn8285
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi Everyone,
Wondering if its possible to disable the voicemail feature on my plan??
17 REPLIES 17

@Nsk143 wrote:
No There s no way to disable voicemail.
Only thing you can do is make it full so no one can leave any more msg and you have to do that every month. Because it's get reset every 30 days.

That is incorrect!! Voicemails reset 10 days after received. 

See here. 

Livedog33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

+11111111111 worked for me! Thank you!

IvanP

@Nezgar wrote:

You cannot "remove" voicemail and have the "no answer" conditional call forward unconfigured.

The code to "clear" it is ##061# - (or clear all 3 conditional forward settings with ##004#) but this will just reset the voicemail number back.

One option is to set conditional forwards to an invalid number, which plays a possibly confusing message, or to a USA number, which PM does not allow forwarding to, but will be accepted in the MMI code - the recipient will just get a fast busy instead of your voicemail.

For example, one of the hawaii state department of transportation fax lines: 🙂 it will program, but no calls will actually go there:

Dial: *004*8085872313#

Undo: ##004#

Lastly, another possibly friendlier idea is to record and enable an "extended absence greeting" for your voicemailbox and disable ability to leave messages. Something to the effect of "Sorry, I'm not available right now, please try me again later"

Thanks @Nezgar , I saw those kind of solutions on the forum (aka crutch), but it didn't actually extend ring time too much, only for 30 seconds. I know for sure that Rogers extend time to more then 1 minute somehow, I just switched from them. I don't beleive that they use something different that you guys use for whole phone system. Probably someone must dig into this and finaly fix it. And it would benefit for whole commmunity and users.

You cannot "remove" voicemail and have the "no answer" conditional call forward unconfigured.

The code to "clear" it is ##061# - (or clear all 3 conditional forward settings with ##004#) but this will just reset the voicemail number back.

One option is to set conditional forwards to an invalid number, which plays a possibly confusing message, or to a USA number, which PM does not allow forwarding to, but will be accepted in the MMI code - the recipient will just get a fast busy instead of your voicemail.

For example, one of the hawaii state department of transportation fax lines: 🙂 it will program, but no calls will actually go there:

Dial: *004*8085872313#

Undo: ##004#

Lastly, another possibly friendlier idea is to record and enable an "extended absence greeting" for your voicemailbox and disable ability to leave messages. Something to the effect of "Sorry, I'm not available right now, please try me again later"

IvanP

Tried to use forward number as my number, got "Connection problem or invalid MMI code." Obviously it should continuously ring, that I want to achieve. Does anybody know how to change forward number to my own to get rid voicemail as useless annoying future completely? 

Lori287

This did not work for me

FredC

I was able to extend the ring time to 30 seconds to avoid it going to voicemail.

1. Dial *#61# from your phone. Tap Send.
  2. You should see a new screen that displays a bunch of information about what's getting forwarded. You should see a line under "Voice Call Forwarding" that says "Forwards to +11234567890" (where 11234567890 is an eleven digit phone number, likely different from your phone number). Write down this number and tap Dismiss.
  3. Now, dial **61*+11234567890*11*XX# and hit Send, where 11234567890 is the number that you found in step two and XX is the number of seconds you want to wait until voicemail picks up. You can set it in increments of 5, where 30 seconds is the maximum.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another possibility is to extend the ringing time as long as possible in that callers wouldn't bother waiting for it to drop to voicemail. That's not disabling anything...just making callers wait way longer than they would want to bother to leave a message. If it's universal then it's like *61 or something.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@skmkenn wrote:

It might be possible to disable it through the Call Forwarding options on your phone.

This is what I do. I just forward it to my home number when busy, unreachable, etc. I've never actually used the voicemail feature.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Neat trick, but it did not allow me to delete Voicemail number. System would just revert to original number.

My solution was to input +11111111111 as a new number. Woman Wink Worked like a charm! Woman Happy

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Glad to hear that it worked for you! Smiley Happy

shawn8285
Hello

Thanks for this, that worked on my phone!

skmkenn

It might be possible to disable it through the Call Forwarding options on your phone.

For Android, open up the Phone app > Tap on the Menu button > Settings (or Call Settings) > Call Forwarding. You should see the Public Mobile voicemail number listed under "Forward when busy", "Forward when unanswered" , and "Forward when unreachable".

Tap on each of these items and delete the voicemail number. This should stop calls from being sent to voicemail (and if someone calls you and you decline or if your phone is off the line will just disconnect instead of forwarding it to voicemail).

You'll have to do an extended abscene greeting. See below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Disable-Voicemail/td-p/128858

Edit: This is no way disables it entirely. Just stops people from leaving messages

Mod won't be able to disable voicemail.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

skmkenn

@shawn8285 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Wondering if its possible to disable the voicemail feature on my plan??

I'm not sure if it's possible or not, but you could try messaging @CS_Agent to see if they can disable it from the back end. 

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
No There s no way to disable voicemail.
Only thing you can do is make it full so no one can leave any more msg and you have to do that every month. Because it's get reset every 30 days.
Need Help? Let's chat.