cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not receive $10 off per month

Gene2020
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased my sim card at a shopping mall and the sales helped me activated the card.(Nov 18, 2019) My regular plan is $50 per month. I could get a one-time referral reward $10 and $2 off per month for the auto pay. In addition, I could also get $10 off for the first six months.

I checked the accout details and found I still have to pay $48 per month, not $38. I am confused where is my $10 off per month ??? 

28 REPLIES 28

@Gene2020  Awesome so a $10 credit applied and the 1/6 showing in my promotions to reflect that. Keep an eye on it every renewal to make sure it's applied. Great news!

Gene2020

yes,1/6 promo is showingSmiley Very Happy

@AE_Collector  @Gene2020 

Yes good question....if it's showing 1/6 there should be a $10 credit added to your payment history most likely listed as "system error".

Your available funds should have jumped by the $10 already I believe if the 1/6 promo is showing?

AE_Collector

@Gene2020  I'm happy it all worked out for you. Glitches and all pm still saves us a bundle compared to our previous providers. We do need to pay close attention to our accounts because of it. Unfortunately an error is rarely in our favour. Don't spend that $10 all in one place.

Gene2020

@darlicious wrote:

@Gene2020   Contact the moderators and ask them to apply the promo. They will credit your balance for the missing discounts $20 and set up the promo to be applied on your next renewal. It will then show in "my promotions" as 2/6.

Thank you so much. I contacted the moderators and got the promo for the next bill (Jan 18). Now it shows 1/6 in my promo secton. As long as this problerm is solved, I am satisfied with PM. Hope everything is well with you. Smiley Very Happy

@Gene2020  From what i understand in your first month pm should have given you a credit on your balance of $10. The promo should have appeared in your "my promotions" section with 1/6. On your first renewal (for your second month) another $10 credit would be applied and the 1/6 would change to 2/6. After you get your account and promotion sorted out with the moderators take a screenshot with the corrected amounts. (your overview and your payment history) I recommend  doing this every month before and after your renewal. My renewal failed last month and this month was "screwy" taking 2 days to complete and my $10 RBC discount was not applied. So like you i now have to contact the moderators.

Gene2020

It is said " You currently do not have any promotions applied to your account" . So I guess it is PM's mistake. Smiley Sad English is not my mother tongue; please excuse any errors on my part.

Gene2020

What you said is exactly what I want to express. (It appears @Gene2020 only had the 2x$2=$4 autopay and the $10 referral credit applied on the second month $36.) Thank you for your understanding. I thought some promos will be applied in 2-3 months, not immediately in the first month.

@AE_Collector  I do believe @Gene2020  means pm has made a serious mistake. If it doesn't show under "my promotions" then it hasn't been applied. Same thing happened to the bf when activated on the August $10 off 6 months promo. It appears @Gene2020 only had the 2x$2=$4 autopay and the $10 referral credit applied on the second month $36. What amazes me is users who don't check their account every month but will check their credit card. You should check every bill you get...paying it or not complaining within 60 days means you accept the charges and agree to them.

I'm not certain if @Gene2020 @is saying:

I checked my promo. There is nothing. That is a serious mistake.

--OR--

I checked my promo. There is nothing serious wrong.

AE_Collector

@Gene2020   Contact the moderators and ask them to apply the promo. They will credit your balance for the missing discounts $20 and set up the promo to be applied on your next renewal. It will then show in "my promotions" as 2/6.

Gene2020

I checked my promo, there is nothing,that was seriously mistake

@Gene2020  When it comes to the $10 off/6 months promo they are applied in two ways. The $10 off will appear in your payment history on the night of your renewal as a $10 credit before they deduct your plan costs. So your balance I'll go up by $10 then they deduct the basic plan cost $10 followed by $40 (8.5gb) data plan. On your overview page on the right side under "my promotions" it will list your promo: $10 off for 6 months.............1/6 the second month 2/6 and so on....

@Gene2020 wrote:

I am new to PM and got a new phone number, not transfer from other company. I guess it is just a promo to new customers who bring their own phones. As Nov 18 was just before Black Friday, almost every companhy (Rogers, Fido, Telus, Virgin...) had the similar promo ($10 off per month for the first year). I do not have RBC visa. I was charged for two months already, $50+tax and $36+tax.Smiley SadAnd the third bill is still $50+tax

Yes I had a friend activate Nov 18 on that same $10 x 6 months deal.

It looks to me as though you are just looking at the "Payment for next cycle" quoted near the top of the self serve homepage. That isn't representative of what is anticipated to be charged to your credit card but simply quotes an amount equal to your current plan, $50. The funds from your various credits will reduce that to a lower amount to be fgarged to your credit card. Even if you schedule a plan change for your next renewal that quoted amount doesn't change.

However something may be wrong with the $10 x 6 credits as I would think your second charge should have been $26 not $36 plus tax as long as your referal was credited. Could also be that tge $10 credit you received was the first $10 of the 6 if the $10 referral credit didn't happen. Tge person who referred you should be able to confirm if they got their credit. Or post your billing history less personal info for us. 

AE_Collector

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Sorry, @Gene2020 I did not remember that one. Thanks, @Dunkman 

Just to pile on to the always helpful lovely and talented chuck_grady 🙂 ... you can always go back in the Announcements category to find the details.

Helpful, sure. But lovely? I'm far from lovely! Handsome, perhaps! Humble, for sure. Rugged, yes. Sensitive, absolutely. But lovely? Your the first one to describe me in that way. 

@Gene2020 

As stated before, likely a Public mobile error.  You will need to contact moderator as described previously.  Moderators should respond within a day (up to 48 hours).  

Gene2020

I am new to PM and got a new phone number, not transfer from other company. I guess it is just a promo to new customers who bring their own phones. As Nov 18 was just before Black Friday, almost every companhy (Rogers, Fido, Telus, Virgin...) had the similar promo ($10 off per month for the first year). I do not have RBC visa. I was charged for two months already, $50+tax and $36+tax.Smiley SadAnd the third bill is still $50+tax

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gene2020 

Maybe post a screen snip of your payment history. Blank out personal info of course. Maybe we might spot something in there.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@Gene2020 

You really need to confirm the credit card billed amount or look at your actual billing history through the Self Serve site.

The $10 credits wont show up in the various rewards categories, it just shows up in the total available funds that are used first at each renewal and then your credit card picks up the remaining cost. 

AE_Collector

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Just to pile on to the always helpful lovely and talented chuck_grady 🙂 ... you can always go back in the Announcements category to find the details.

I might as well pile onto this ever growing pile as well.  I got the RBC promo on the last day and I only have 2 renewals to go before full price take effect.  The November deal cannot have been the RBC promo.  Kudos to Dunkman for pulling out the facts.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Gene2020 There was a promo at some point related to a RBC Visacard, but I thought that was long gone? What were the details on the promo you received the $10 off a month. Recently the promos have been 2nd month free and as always $10 ONE-TIME credit for using a referral code.

The RBCPROMO offer ended back on Septebmer and required the use of a promo code. It was only valid on $40 or higher plans.

The offer that ran from November 15 to 24th was valid for any plan $35 or higher and did not require the use of any code. So, if a $50 plan was activated on November 18th, this is definitely Public Mobile's mistake.

@Gene2020 wrote:

I purchased my sim card at a shopping mall and the sales helped me activated the card.(Nov 18, 2019) My regular plan is $50 per month. I could get a one-time referral reward $10 and $2 off per month for the auto pay. In addition, I could also get $10 off for the first six months.

I checked the accout details and found I still have to pay $48 per month, not $38. I am confused where is my $10 off per month ??? 

You'll need to open a ticket by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Gene2020 

You should have received the credit by now.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Until-November-21-get-10-off-for-the-fi...

You should contact moderator to sort things out.  

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Gene2020 

You are supposed to get a credit on your account once every 30 days cycles 2-7.

Your payments due should still be same they don't decrease, it doesn't show in rewards section at all, the only difference is that it gets deposited in your account usually around the same date so that your credit card is charged less (by 10+tax less actually)

Check your payment history in self serve. If you were not receiving it contact moderators

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Gene2020 There was a promo at some point related to a RBC Visacard, but I thought that was long gone? What were the details on the promo you received the $10 off a month. Recently the promos have been 2nd month free and as always $10 ONE-TIME credit for using a referral code.

Need Help? Let's chat.