cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Department of Dumb Questions???

BCrtr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A couple of weeks ago I had a problem on the port from Freedom, but everything was resolved quickly.

Fast forward to today, I just received a text from Public saying... "Public Mobile here. For unresolved complaints about your wireless service, you can contact the CCTS at www.ccts-cprst.ca or 1-888-221-1687"

Does Public send out a text like this to all customers that have had an issue, whether or not it was fixed/resolved?

7 REPLIES 7

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo, Yes.  You would get all the sms notifications from PM even if your plan did not include sms.  However, you would NOT receive texts from anyone else.

mimmo
Another stupid question, more of a curorisoty, if you dont have a text plan will you get these notifications?

@Samianauman wrote:
@imm1304
Yes even I had issues for like an hour or so close to burlington area. Browser was all leggy even Google website was taking like 10 to 15 seconds just to open it up. All fixed now:)

Are you sure you were not running the Freedom SIM on your phone because you are checking whether the porting is completed?Cat Tongue

@imm1304
Yes even I had issues for like an hour or so close to burlington area. Browser was all leggy even Google website was taking like 10 to 15 seconds just to open it up. All fixed now:)
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

imm1304

@Samianauman, I had someone tell me that they were experiencing slow data speeds in Oakville this afternoon.  Was it really a widespread issue?  I didn't notice anything on my phone in Toronto.  

Also, the CCTS text message isn't related to any specific issues.. as @ShawnC13 said, we get the text every few months as they are required to let us know about the dispute resolution option available to us.  

@BCrtr, I think this comes up every couple of months and if I recall PM must do this by law.  As other providers have all this information on their bills that you receive that is why you probably never had a text from them.  Without a bill PM sends out I think quarterly text with the same message.  Now this is all what I thought I may have read here.  But that is what my thoughts were when I received the text.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
No
It's was send out today because there's was a issue with data usage was slow for some users. I received the same text too.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.