cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective Sim

JhunH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it possible my sim is defective. I recently sign up with public mobile. But until now I have no service. A moderator contact me and said she reset the sim on their end but nothing happen. I want to change my sim number but I can not do that because I have not set up my self serve account because I can not receive a text. The previous moderator who contact me has no response yet. How long will I wait for another response and how could I create a self serve account if I can not receive a text

10 REPLIES 10

@JhunH wrote:

Did that already. Same thing no service

@JhunH  if no service message appears when using in another phone is usually an account issue. If you want to try a new sim then get one and submit a ticket with the new sim number and ask the moderator team to do the swap for you. If it solves the issue ask the moderator to credit your account the cost of the card.

JhunH

Samsung J5. Unlocked and not blacklisted

JhunH

Did that already. Same thing no service

JhunH

Original sim is not working. No signal

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JhunH wrote:

Is it possible my sim is defective. I recently sign up with public mobile. But until now I have no service. A moderator contact me and said she reset the sim on their end but nothing happen. I want to change my sim number but I can not do that because I have not set up my self serve account because I can not receive a text. The previous moderator who contact me has no response yet. How long will I wait for another response and how could I create a self serve account if I can not receive a text

@JhunH  Did you try that sim in another phone to eliminate the possibility of a hardware issue with your phone?

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think the op just signed up with pm and has never worked

@JhunH wrote:

Sims are very robost. They can be rinsed off, dropped in a puddle, and otherwise handled carelessly although you should not do any of that stuff, and it will likely still be fine.  It's not likely, but yes a sim card can be defective.

As for your original sim card, has it ever worked?  Do you get Public mobile signal? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JhunH wrote:

What make/model/submodel phone do you have?

Is it unlocked?

Is it NOT blacklisted?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JhunH , moderator team response time seems rather long these days.  I have heard 5 day queue.  Anyway, if you cannot access the self serve, the only thing you can do is wait.  If the SIM card is defective, you should be able to get them to do a SIM card change for you so that you can secure account access.  

BTW, I do believe that SIM cards can be defective.  However, the likelyhood is extremely low.  I would exhaust many other potential avenues before pointing any fingers at the SIM card.

skylenth
Unfortunately there is nothing we in the forums can do. You will have to wait for the mods. They typically reply within a few hours.
Need Help? Let's chat.