cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daughters account removed. Why?

dazel247
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hooked up a phone for my daughter. Its been months since she put any money on her plan. I went to put money on her plan and her account has been deleted. So i try and activate her sim card and it says invalid sim now. can i reactivate her card somehow. If not this makes no sense at all. Why would you delete a possible customer who may choose to come back. You would think the company would want business rather than kick them out the door. Just saying.

5 REPLIES 5

@LudditeI thought it was clear the 90 days were during suspended status

Clear as mud then

But I think 10, 30, and 90 day plans all delete in 90 days

(if you count your payments it should read 100, 120 or 180 so Cat Tongue )

Cat LOL

@kav2001c wrote:

Deletion is automatic after 90 days without payment

Close but no cigar! Robot LOL

90 days after expiry, so 120 or 180 days since last payment. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Makes sense.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@dazel247 wrote:

Hooked up a phone for my daughter. Its been months since she put any money on her plan. I went to put money on her plan and her account has been deleted. So i try and activate her sim card and it says invalid sim now. can i reactivate her card somehow. If not this makes no sense at all. Why would you delete a possible customer who may choose to come back. You would think the company would want business rather than kick them out the door. Just saying.

https://store.publicmobile.ca/pages/terms-of-service "After ninety days with no active rate plan, your account will be automatically deactivated."

While I totally understand your frustration, I also understand in the business world inactive accounts are a problem. Most of them stay inactive forever and become a strain on databases and networks, especially for a phone company that can hold your number and registers a sim card on their network.

Since you are now a new customer and have to start from scratch... Watch out for public mobile offers, they often will give you a free sim card / and or bill credit.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Deletion is automatic after 90 days without payment

Need Help? Let's chat.