cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Rachel0881
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have my son and I both on public mobile using the same credit card with 2 different accounts. I set up a third account for my second son tonight and me and my other son lost our data. Any ideas?

20 REPLIES 20

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Luddite 3g not working on pei. May be a solution for some tho.

Yuk. Hope you have access to wifi. Robot Frustrated

EDIT: Just realized how dim that comment was. Guess I was assuming you had some special voodoo connection rather than plan old wifi. Robot LOL

51L5UEEcX7L._SX300_.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ReeceTKelly wrote:

Been with public mobile for over a year and I have 7gb left on my plan but it isn’t running any ideas?

@ReeceTKelly ....seems Public Mobile is having network issues at the moment..lots of other threads with people affected with internet.. give it sometime it should be back up soon.

ReeceTKelly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Been with public mobile for over a year and I have 7gb left on my plan but it isn’t running any ideas?

@Luddite 3g not working on pei. May be a solution for some tho.

@Rachel0881 wrote:

All 3 of us actually have no data right now. Glad to hear it's not just me. I guess it may have been a coincidence that I just set up a 3rd phone

I think it is just unlucky. If you are trying to activate switch to wifi, or try 3G (it's still working for me).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Rachel0881 just sit tight. I think your among many of us. I'll let you know when we are up again and then consider trying something. For now, it's likely nothing you can fix.

Rachel0881

Neither of us have run out of data

Rachel0881

I have 3 accounts set up right now. 2 of us were set up 2 months ago and have had no issues. I set up a tried account tonight and none of us have data now. All 3 of us have data on our plans.

@Rachel0881 wrote:

How would i check on that?

Rachel0881

How would i check on that?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

What plan are you each on?

When you say you lost, do you mean you cannot connect it is gone from both selfserves.

Rachel0881

All 3 of us actually have no data right now. Glad to hear it's not just me. I guess it may have been a coincidence that I just set up a 3rd phone

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Using the same credit card on multiple accounts can cause issues during renewal time if multiple accounts renew in the same day.  This is because anti fraud checks may interpret back to back payments to the same merchant over a small period of time as potentially suspicious.  Otherwise, the issue as describe is not related to repeat use of a credit card.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Rachel0881 I am also having trouble with my data tonight, so it might be unrelated!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Rachel0881 

That is a weird situation.  Setting up credit card in your self service account should not affect your account itself (ie. data).  As long as the credit card is not withdrawn on the same day for multiple accounts, it should not be an issue.  

Is it possible that you and your other son both ran out of data?  Check your usage history.  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

not possible considering each account needs it's own email address and sim card.

Are you sure your son/you did not use up all the data on each account?

If no data is displayed there both used it all up.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jmcfarlane15 wrote:

My data isn’t working when my plan is active. How can I fix it ?

@Jmcfarlane15 is this still an outstanding issue?

if so:

1) are you a brand new customer and data has yet to work at all since you activated?  If so, what is the brand and model of your phone?  Some phones have extra steps that need to be taken.  We can help.

2) OR, are you an existing customer and data was working fine but suddenly stopped?  If so, have you signed into your self-serve account and checked the Overview page?  Does it display your plan data in the My Data and Add-Ons section near the bottom?  if you don't see your plan data there, you have used all of your current billing cycle's plan data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Are calling , texting working? 

If so, just follow the guide to enter your apn, it will work.

dwil

Most likely you need to add access point information (called an APN). iPhones and Android phones vary as to how you get there but its through the Settings menu. Android looks something like Apps/Settings/More/Cellular network settings/Access point names. From there press Menu and select New APN.

You should see a number of fields. Make sure you fill them in exactly, Caps where needed. After saving you might need to reboot your phone - particularly if you're coming from another cell company. I've also needed to reboot/restart on iPhones.

APN Settings:

Name: Mobile Internet

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Not set

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

APN enable/disable: APN enabled

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID

MVNO value: 4D4F

Jmcfarlane15

My data isn’t working when my plan is active. How can I fix it ?

Need Help? Let's chat.