cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data uses?

xpat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't know what constitutes data - what can I do with the bonus1 GB of data you've given me?

10 REPLIES 10

kams786
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The data is a gift from company and you can use it for anything you want. Like me I use it to listen to radio or play games with data or even to use for google maps to avoid traffic area. If you already have it you get a bonus of 1 gb plus your plan. Also notice that after payment i can see both data in my add on my paid  and the bonus. So enjoy

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Triguy wrote:

You could use it to check email, read up on the latest news, and check the weather forecast.  You could stream music but that could use up data fairly quickly.

Music shouldn't be too bad, it's video where it really hurts. Smiley Happy

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could use it to check email, read up on the latest news, and check the weather forecast.  You could stream music but that could use up data fairly quickly.

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Watch a few YouTube videos...that'll take care of the 1gig Smiley LOL

@sunflowershine wrote:

@xpat If you don't have a smart phone, this bonus is useless...

Not necessarily...i do have a flip phone that you can use data on. Bit of an exercise in frustration really but certainly possible. And the teeny tiny Google screen is impossibly cute!

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@xpat If you don't have a smart phone, this bonus is useless...

@xpat wrote:

I don't know what constitutes data - what can I do with the bonus1 GB of data you've given me?

Any activity that requires an internet connection will count.  The MMS prototocol requies the use of cellular data but this content is routed differently and will not use up any of of your 1GB of data.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@xpat wrote:

Yours to do with as you please..surf the web, chech maps etc.... It'll start as soon as your regular data has exhausted for this period. If you have no regular data plan, your bonus will work until it's exhausted.  You won't be charged anything for using that 1GB.

Good way to "test drive" data if you're unfamiliar.

Yes you can try out the different apps on your phone. See how much data they use. Learn how to set mobile, WiFi and data saving options and set your data usage metre. Just remember anything running video especially HD will burn thru data quickly. Mostly text and image is fairly low. Happy surfing!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@xpatThe use of apps that requires TCP packets to communicate will consider as data. eg Facebook etc.

The catch is MMS (text with multimedia like photos) also requires data turned on to be able to function. However data it generates do not count against your data bucket.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@xpat wrote:

Yours to do with as you please..surf the web, chech maps etc.... It'll start as soon as your regular data has exhausted for this period. If you have no regular data plan, your bonus will work until it's exhausted.  You won't be charged anything for using that 1GB.

Good way to "test drive" data if you're unfamiliar.

Need Help? Let's chat.