cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

JesseDenny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My bill came out today and I just noticed I've already used 700mb of data in the few hours since my auto payment went through . On the website it says I've only used 70mb I'm really confused any help would be appreciated 

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JesseDenny 

There's an app called Data Witness written by a customer that will go by the 30 days instead of month.

@JesseDenny Public Mobile plans are for 30 days per cycle, not "1 month". Number of days in a month varies.

For months that are NOT 30 days, your phone's tracker will be a day or two out of sync, and you'll have to adjust the start date.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@JesseDenny wrote:

So I cant rely on my phones tracking anymore ?

@JesseDenny 

You can, however Since PM is  30 days plan.  Each new cycle you will have to change the date in "Wireless & network > Data usage, set limit and choose your cycle date.

I would just suggest to just track it on the website on your phone. It takes a few mins

🙂

JesseDenny

Excellent I changed it so my phone starts keeping track on the fifth thanks everyone ❤️

@JesseDenny wrote:

@JesseDenny 

You can, but you will need to reset your phone data tracker on your payment date.  That is what I do with one of my accounts.  

@JesseDenny  the tracker on your phone is usually monthly. Change it each new cycle date so that your so your 611 payment due date is the day it shows as the ending date. 

JesseDenny

Last question . Can I manually reset my phones tracker or have my payment come out on the first to sync it with my actual usage ?

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Your phone might be tracking the DATA from different dates.

If you log into your Sef service account It if says 70mb used. 

Then 70mb is correct usage. 

Cheers 

JesseDenny

@JesseDenny 

@JesseDenny wrote:

I'm just wondering if my phones tracker is from April 1 it's what it says I just assumed it would track it from when my bill was paid ?

Your phone tracker will not track PM billing cycle or data cycle.  It can reset at the beginning of the month.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@JesseDenny  the usage in the self service account plan area is real time and is usually right. The usage history is based on twice daily batch processing updates, 12noon and midnight eastern. Check the data usage on your phone to see if there are any spikes in usage. Also check to see if your WiFi may have inadvertantly been turned off, and you have been using data instead. Thanks.

JesseDenny

I usually just use my phones tracker 

@JesseDenny 

Which plan are you on?  Double check your usage history.

Occasionally the data counter does not reset after renewal.  

The data tracker is usually fairly accurate though. 

If you feel that the data counter did not reset, you could contact moderator to check your account.  

JesseDenny

I'm just wondering if my phones tracker is from April 1 it's what it says I just assumed it would track it from when my bill was paid ?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your self serve account and you can check on your usage history.  Make sure you disable app auto updates and GPS.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

Need Help? Let's chat.