Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Data usage

@Nebula wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Nebula wrote:

Data use for me is very variable. Sometimes I'm away from wifi for a long time so I do need the data. 

I signed up for the 90 day plan with 12 GB LTE speed for $120. If i change it, I would pay more for less.

I have mused here about the idea of "data hoarding" as well (and minutes and texts). There was a time not too long ago that I had 6gb per month. I used it primarily for hotspot for a few days at a time frequently throughout three seasons. Barely at all in winter. I went over once in a few years of having it. I no longer need to use hotspot nearly as much as I used to if at all.

If it accumulated (hoarded) then I wouldn't've had to worry about going over. I could use it just about however much I like. But I don't think any service works like that. So here we are.

This post wasn't meant to be a complaint, rather it was me just seeing if others tended to hoard data like I do.

From the sounds of it, I am not the only one ^^

I love Public for allowing me to hoard temporarily.

Smiley Happy But you're not really hoarding it per se are you? You're choosing to use it sparingly and then use a bunch of it when your time is running out. I think some of us in this thread wonder...why?

There isn't a cell service that I know of that lets you actually hoard it. Or what I call accumulate. I wish there was.

Now I'm on the $10 plan and use the add-ons. They're almost kind of a way of hoarding. Another user here has been on an add-on for coming on 2 years.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Nebula wrote:

My mom has telus prepaid ($10/month) but she told me that they are now charging her 5$ for the 'plan' and then she only gets $5 of minutes? I am unsure of what is happening but I really need to get her on Public Mobile. Just waiting for the $25 referral credit to come back

I was on that same $10 plan and out of that I used to pay $5 for texting. If i never used the other $5 it would carry over but now they stopped it and it is $10 month and no carry-over.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Nebula wrote:

My mom has telus prepaid ($10/month) but she told me that they are now charging her 5$ for the 'plan' and then she only gets $5 of minutes? I am unsure of what is happening but I really need to get her on Public Mobile. Just waiting for the $25 referral credit to come back

I was on that same $10 plan and out of that I used to pay $5 for texting. If i never used the other $5 it would carry over but now they stopped it and it is $10 month and no carry-over.

My mother and MIL are being affected by this change. For their amount of usage, even that tiny monthly plan (I seem to think it's $3) and the 5 minutes is worth it for them. Keep a balance going for overages and they're fine. Both of them barely ever use their cellphone. And yes will13am...they both have flip phones Smiley Happy