Did you mean: 

Data sucks!!!

Teddib
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Data is being used without my consent! I pay for basically nothing 

9 REPLIES 9

AresPalace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please explain clearly what do you mean?

I assume you mean your background apps are using your data and by the time you use it, you don't have a lot left. 

You have to go to your cellular options, then by scrolling down, you can choose which apps you allow to use your data or not. I usually turn all of them off except the ones I used the most like web browsers and google map. 

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@scorpio17 wrote:

Data saver is not the best way. You will not receive emails and other things in the background. It is better to find out what apps drain your internet data and after that turn off background usage only for them.

@DOA wrote:

If you're using Android 8 or above, turn on data saver.

I just check the two options to allow unrestricted data when the saver is turned on.

Screenshot_20200222-102523.png

LaserFocusBusin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If data is being used in the background of your mobile device, it is most likely being used by various apps you have installed on your device. This would not be a factor of data being used by Public Mobile.

To stop data from being used, simply go on Google and find out how to turn apps off on your specific make and model of mobile device.

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Data saver is not the best way. You will not receive emails and other things in the background. It is better to find out what apps drain your internet data and after that turn off background usage only for them.

@DOA wrote:

Dolphin1

With my phone - android - the data saver option is great.  Nothing gets through and each app shows restricted.  When I need to use the app outside of wifi I enable the app to use it.  This is easy to do and has been very effective.

DOA

@Teddib wrote:

In settings, block backround data use from apps that suck it. Facebook, Chrome.

If you ask questions in a nice tone, you'll likely get more help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Teddib wrote:

Talk to your phone. PM is just providing the connectivity. No one is taking data without consent.

What do you mean "pay for basically nothing"?

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Teddibto stop this from happening turn off data and enable it only when sending/receiving mms messages and when you would like to use it.

@Teddib wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.