cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

henrynguyen123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My data was working last month and my monthly reset is today. My plan is paid for the month but I'm not able to connect to the internet with my data. The 4g icon animates and shows it's working but nothing is coming through.

Thanks

31 REPLIES 31

@BBPHONE wrote:

Each time I try to log into the community to send a ticket it comes back with ERROR message. I've tried off and on and still the same error message, so I cannot send a ticket. Very frustrating.

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Edit: Try this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BBPHONE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Each time I try to log into the community to send a ticket it comes back with ERROR message. I've tried off and on and still the same error message, so I cannot send a ticket. Very frustrating.

@BBPHONE wrote:

Everything looks good on the self serve page. They get the payment automatically, but I have no data on my phone. How is it possible to fix this issue without help and in the mean time I will lose business if this goes on. If they can't fix this can they at least give me back my money so I can go somewhere else? It's been 2 days now.

@BBPHONE  What type of device do you have? If you are using an Android device make sure data is turned on and you have the correct APN settings.

APN.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BBPHONE 

What do you mean "everything looks good"? Do you see a line of data under data & add-ons?

@BBPHONE wrote:

Everything looks good on the self serve page. They get the payment automatically, but I have no data on my phone. How is it possible to fix this issue without help and in the mean time I will lose business if this goes on. If they can't fix this can they at least give me back my money so I can go somewhere else? It's been 2 days now.

Contact a moderator for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

BBPHONE

KimRB

When I completed my sign up it prompted me to change settings in my phone to ensure the data would work and then to restart my phone. 

@BBPHONE wrote:

I often have no data, I thought it was an end of the month issue, but now they just took the new payment for June and I still have no data. It's urgent I need data

@BBPHONE  Access your selfserve account , on the first page what does the data counter show? If it doesn't show or has not been reset then submit a ticket to PM for help.

BBPHONE

I often have no data, I thought it was an end of the month issue, but now they just took the new payment for June and I still have no data. It's urgent I need data

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @henrynguyen123

Sorry to hear you're facing difficulties with your data service. 

Let's continue working on this through a private message. 

Carlos

whatsgonewell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't see how to start a public topic..  A tip?

@whatsgonewell wrote:

did you get DATA working? if so , what steps

@milantst wrote:

I have the same issue as the OP. It's not a question of reception area. I can talk and use SMS, but I cannot use data at all. I can see the 4G signal, but there is no sending/receiving data. It's been two days so far. I tried turning off/on, checking the settings, etc. Everything on my end seems to set to send/receive data, except that it isn't. Help please!

@whatsgonewell 

According to subsequent post, milanst used up his/her data allottment.  Either needed to buy a data add on or ask moderator to renew plan earlier.  

You might want to start your own topic and describe your own situation  and the community may be able to help.  If community unable to help, you may need to contact moderator.  

whatsgonewell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

did you get DATA working? if so , what steps

@milantst wrote:

I have the same issue as the OP. It's not a question of reception area. I can talk and use SMS, but I cannot use data at all. I can see the 4G signal, but there is no sending/receiving data. It's been two days so far. I tried turning off/on, checking the settings, etc. Everything on my end seems to set to send/receive data, except that it isn't. Help please!

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@srlawren

You're absolutely right. But for some reason  this popped up as a new discussion when I logged in. No idea why.  Hope nobody was injured in the process  😉

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Aaqil78 wrote:

plz try to turn off ur phone and turn on

@lheintzman wrote:

If you go to your account overview page. On the left side, about 2/3 of the way down, you should see a box labeled "my data and add-ons". Within that box  there's usually a line that shows the data used as a fraction of your plan's total allowance. There may also be a link to "view usage", which will show the same thing in a slightly different format. 

@lheintzman @Aaqil78 while these are both good suggestions, the last activity on this thread was last November.  I'm pretty sure the issue has been sorted out by now.  EDIT: it has been: the original poster marked this reply as the solution.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

lheintzman

@milantst wrote:

have to say that viewing the data usage is difficult, because it cannot be filtered out from the phone talk usage. It took many page views to add it all up, and sorting by columns only applies to an individual page view.

If you go to your account overview page. On the left side, about 2/3 of the way down, you should see a box labeled "my data and add-ons". Within that box  there's usually a line that shows the data used as a fraction of your plan's total allowance. There may also be a link to "view usage", which will show the same thing in a slightly different format. 

Aaqil78

plz try to turn off ur phone and turn on

milantst

In fact I went over the data limit, so thank you to @Anonymous for mentioning it. I have to say that viewing the data usage is difficult, because it cannot be filtered out from the phone talk usage. It took many page views to add it all up, and sorting by columns only applies to an individual page view.

Thanks to all for your help.

srlawren

@JesseGlasner did following @dwil's directions resolve this for you?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dwil
  1. Select Apps.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select More...
  4. Select Mobile networks.
  5. Select Access Point Names.
  6. Select the SIM card and select Access Point Names.
  7. Select the Menu button.
  8. Select Reset to default.

zen4.JPG

srlawren

@JesseGlasner ASUS phones are a bit tricky but require manual APN configuration.  Try searching the comunity here for zenfone and you should find the answers pretty quickly.

JesseGlasner

I am also having a No Data issue as the OP with my daughters phone.

It is an Asus zenphone 4 and we have tried the factory reset as a possible solution but with no results. The account shows 4Gb of data available and none used. There is still a credit of $13 on the accounts tab.

This is beginning of the second month of no data for this phone. My wife and I also have the same plan as our daughter and our data works great.

At a loss as to what the issue is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@milantst wrote:

It's hard to scroll through all the month's usade, but it looks like I am well under the limit. Also, there was no notification from PM on reaching any kind of data limit.

Given that this is happening to other users, my case is not isolated.

I agree about the scrolling.

I was meaning what you see in the overview and/or usage. If you don't see your data in the My Data & Add-ons area of your overview then usually that means you're probably out of data. The other place to look is Plan And Add-ons in the top menu and then Data & Add-ons Usage in the next menu. But I'm not sure if fully consumed items appear there either.

Which plan are you on?

As a quick fix that often seems to work, try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

milantst

It's hard to scroll through all the month's usade, but it looks like I am well under the limit. Also, there was no notification from PM on reaching any kind of data limit.

Given that this is happening to other users, my case is not isolated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@milantst wrote:

My model is LG G3. It's not a change in the service provider, nor a change in the phone. I've been with PM for a while, using this same phone. My data just stopped working.

Maybe you've consumed it all. Check your self-serve.

milantst

My model is LG G3. It's not a change in the service provider, nor a change in the phone. I've been with PM for a while, using this same phone. My data just stopped working.

henrynguyen123

Hi,

I had that same issue yesterday but things are working now. It must have been an issue with my account due to the timing of the plan ending and renewing.

srlawren

@milantst what is your phone's brand and model?  EDIT:  many LG models need at least a Network Reset, if not a complete Factory Reset, in order to get data working after changing service provider.  Some other brands such as Axon often need manual APN configuration.  Some older iPhones (4S and older) need a special procedure to set up APN.  Newer iPhones often need at least a carrier update via phone settings in order to get data working.  Etc.

milantst

Jarvar

Sorry to hear about that @henrynguyen123

Agin like @mimmo mentioned, the more information you provide the better.

Has there been any changes on your phone since then?

I had a couple days where there was an outage or I couldn't get data coming through properly. It could have been a bad transfer in a location that had a poor network connection. The symbol was still there, but I had no data. You could try turning on airplane mode and off again. Sometimes that works.

What kind of phone is it?

Need Help? Let's chat.