cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working on IPhone 7

zack95
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Getting a little stressed out, I switched to PM because I was wanting LTE vs chatr’s 3G I did all the research before switching over, I’ve done all the trouble shooting required to set up my APN and still my data is not working! My phone is unlocked, if it wasn’t I’m sure I wouldn’t have been able to make calls or text with the PM SIM card, it’s been a day now since I switched over and yet still no data...

14 REPLIES 14

zack95

iPhones or at least mine doesn’t have an option for that or I would have tried it but thanks! Judgeing now, I’m probably not going to hear back from them till tomorrow, I’m already getting ‘shoppers morse’

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Good luck with your issue. Keep us updated on when it gets resolved, or at least when the mod team gets back to you.

@zack95 wrote:

I’ve done that a million times already it’s not going to work Cat Sad

Many times people say that, but it always end up being an issue with the APN settings. If your APN type says "Not set", try changing it to "default". 

zack95

I’ve done that a million times already it’s not going to work Cat Sad

@zack95 Check your account and see if you have data available to use. If yes, there must be something wrong with your apn. Instead of selecting the Auto APN settings, try adding a new one. Make sure it matches exactly as shown here: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/

One more thing to try is set APN type to "default" (without quotes).

zack95

@CS_Agent would like my data working TODAY thanks!!!!!

zack95

I did I’ll try it again and hopefully it’s the ‘auto’ select and not manual and I already did invade it does not work

That is very strange. Just yesterday switch my sister to iPhone 6s without issue.

Only remaining thing that occurs to me, after confirming cellular data and roaming are ON, is to turn Carrier auto select OFF and pick PM manually.

Have you tried that SIM in another unocked phone to rule out your's as the issue.

Then you are faced with contacting the moderators to ensure your account is properly provisioned.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

zack95

Spelling error sp.mb.com haha but yes I’ve tried both and I’d chatted with a moderated and they haven’t replied since last night, getting a little upset that I haven’t heard back.... 

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zack95 wrote:

I’ve already checked that reset my network and I’ve switched back and forth between isp.mb.com and so.mb.com

Did you try sp.mb.com?

zack95

I have the 5gb LTE plan and it doesn’t work

zack95

I’ve already checked that reset my network and I’ve switched back and forth between isp.mb.com and so.mb.com

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@zack95  

a) Have you looked for a carrier update: Settings >> General >> About? If offered install it.

b) Have you tried Network Reset?

c) Login to your account and confirm you have a data plan showing under My Data & Add-ons. If not and you bought a data plan, you need assistance from the Moderator Team. First fill in this form to authenticate your account/message https://about.telus.com/authenticationform.jspa?c=pm0. Be sure to click the "Twitter" (even if you don't have a Twitter account) button and enter your Community handle as the Twitter Username".

Then immediately click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue noting that you have validated the account.

Moderator hours are: Monday to Friday, 9 am (ET) to 9 pm (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9 am (ET) - 7:30 pm (ET). Usually they answer within in a few hours, but can take 24.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just to be sure, these are the settings you used?  Also, do you have a plan with data or are use trying to use an add-on?

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/apple-iphone-7

Need Help? Let's chat.