cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data limit exceeded .... cut off ..... but didn't use data

basicbill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First, I am managing the account for my son's phone. Today he got 2 messages .... the first was the 75% data use warning and shortly after the 100% data used warning.

I went in to his account and checked his usage since the last billing date and it appears to be about 25 Mb. 

We can't figure out why he's been cut off.

Help please.

5 REPLIES 5

@gblackma wrote:

@basicbill data usage is recorded in real time in your self service account. The usage history is only updated twice daily at 12 noon and midnight est EDT. Please check back after 12 midnight eastern tonight to check if the data was in fact used.

Reboot or cycle your phone's airplane mode, then refresh selfserve and the current data usage amount will update immediately. No need to wait until noon and midnight.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

FYI:

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is 1-2 days. If your next renewal date is 1-2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

If you think it is PM server error, your can create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@basicbill wrote:

First, I am managing the account for my son's phone. Today he got 2 messages .... the first was the 75% data use warning and shortly after the 100% data used warning.

I went in to his account and checked his usage since the last billing date and it appears to be about 25 Mb. 

Help please.

Login to his self-serve account.

Is the overview page showing any data usage line?

The following is the usage lines of my plan data usage and data add-on usage lines.

I have used 4921.859MB out of  5120M plan data.  Very soon, I will be using my add-on data.

If you don't see any usage line(s), you had used all your data.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
    176.793  /  1024 MB
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
    0  /  400 MIN
    1GB Promo
    697.544  /  1024 MB
    5GB at 3G Speed
    4921.859  /  5120 MB

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@basicbill data usage is recorded in real time in your self service account. The usage history is only updated twice daily at 12 noon and midnight est. Please check back after 12 midnight eastern tonight to check if the data was in fact used. You can also check the mobile data history on your phone to see where the data went. Also, make sure that your WiFi has not been turned off by mistake. If you still feel that this is an error. 

Contact a moderator. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket).

@basicbill wrote:

Help please.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Can you please contact moderators if the selfserve history shows only 25 megs

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Need Help? Let's chat.