cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data connection

Penndroid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm connected but says no internet - I checked my status I still have over 840 some mbs left on my 2 gig data plan ..only used 1234mb what gives? 

6 REPLIES 6

@Penndroid wrote:

Giving me talking points of every customer service provider gives sint helping ..nor is being snide to me cause I merely said I'm not stupid. I wouldn't not have wasted my time or others if I hadn't did the wash ,rinse ,repeat rhetoric of again my cell cust support bullet points ...

When trying to troubleshoot someones issues of "my data is not working I have some left" assuming you have completed the first 5 of 50 troubleshooting steps would make no sense. Unless you give us the information of what you have tried we have to assume you have tried nothing.

If you ever worked at a call centre or support line you would know the first question to ask is "Is your computer plugged in" its not meant to be offensive. Its meant to start at the simple and most common problems first.

If you don't "want to waste peoples time" then be more descriptive and explain the process and steps you have attempted and we will carry on from there.

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Penndroid wrote:

Giving me talking points of every customer service provider gives sint helping ..nor is being snide to me cause I merely said I'm not stupid. I wouldn't not have wasted my time or others if I hadn't did the wash ,rinse ,repeat rhetoric of again my cell cust support bullet points ...

I'm surprised at the amount of posts from people that don't take the time to read the minimum here. How would we know any different in regards to your post?

Penndroid

@Penndroid wrote:

As my post stated I ha e 2048 mb usage ..I've used 1246 and have 801 mb remaining .....the apn has never been an issue or come into question ..I've been using the service all summer - I'm not stupid it's not in airplane mode I can text as I sent a text to myself to test but I cannot connect to the network - even though I'm connected it says offline ...it's not my phone cause I can get a connection wifi local and my home 

I did not say you were in air plane mode, but TURNING IT ON then OFF. Switching between it will reset your network. Connecting and disconnecting.

There is a difference between MMS and SMS, MMS uses data unlike SMS.

There is a difference between wifi and celluer data.

But since you are not stupid, I will not make any other suggestions. Good luck with your issues. Sorry for trying to help you.

Penndroid

As my post stated I ha e 2048 mb usage ..I've used 1246 and have 801 mb remaining .....the apn has never been an issue or come into question ..I've been using the service all summer - I'm not stupid it's not in airplane mode I can text as I sent a text to myself to test but I cannot connect to the network - even though I'm connected it says offline ...it's not my phone cause I can get a connection wifi local and my home 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Penndroid wrote:

I'm connected but says no internet - I checked my status I still have over 840 some mbs left on my 2 gig data plan ..only used 1234mb what gives? 

Have you cheked your internal phones data limit? Because we are often on 30/90 day cycles the phone will limit your data when you still have some left as the cycle is usualy different.

Does MMS work?

Have you confirmed your APN has not changed? Make sure proxy is not set up?

Have you tried reconnecting to the network?

Turning on/off air plane mode? Pulling your battery / restarting phone? Re-inserting your sim?

Have you tried your sim in another phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.