cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data cap notifications / limits

tylah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m just wondering if Public Mobile sends out text notifications if you hit 80% data, etc., like some of the other companies do? And is there a way to put a limit on your own data use? For example, if I have a 90 day plan with 16GB can I limit monthly use to 5GB using the self serve system? Or is this a phone dependent internal moderation?

I would appreciate any help on the topic, thank you! 

7 REPLIES 7

Tiptopssss

And it shows right under the cellular button how much data you used

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tylah wrote:

Thank you, it is just a shame that Apple doesn’t allow for a phone specific data limiter. That is one feature I am envious of for androids. 

@tylah unfortunately I can't help with the Apple side of the world.

If anyone on Android is looking for a daily limiter, check out Google's own Datally: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.freighter&utm_campaign=website... I looked at it when it first came out and passed on it, but they've added a bunch of stuff lately so I'm test driving it again as of yesterday.  One of those features is the ability to set yourself a daily data cap (e.g. if you have 12 GB of data and a 90 day play, you could set 12 * 1024 / 90 = 136.5 MB daily cap.  Another cool recent feature is it can show you a list of all the apps you haven't used in ages that is still using data in the background (already identified a few I can turf.)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

They send out a 75%, 95% and 100% data usage texts.

@tylah wrote:

Thank you, it is just a shame that Apple doesn’t allow for a phone specific data limiter. That is one feature I am envious of for androids. 

iPhone just limits too many things Smiley Tongue

tylah

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

The text is sent when you use 75% and 95% of your data. 

Need Help? Let's chat.