cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add ons

rickdesjardins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why on earth is 1 GB of data costing $50 right now???? That's ALOT OF MONEY for 1 GB don't you think???? Last month you were charging $15 for 1 GB of data so why has it gone up by $35 to $50???? Isn't that a little 'off' and a little 'much' ? And why can't I get my monthly pay as you go plan started earlier by say a week That way I'm losing that week if anything and I avoid paying your insane price for data I mean 1 GB of data for $50 will buy me an entire month and reset my monthly data plan I was told by a Walmart employee that it can't be accomplished so I was sol  I'm moving up to a $50 per month pay as you go plan which offers 8 GB data as to 4.5 GB data on the $40 per month pay as you go plan Will doing this allow me to start my one month on the day I move up to the $50 a month plan?

8 REPLIES 8

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@rickdesjardins , a word of advice.... don't trust Wal-Mart employees. Their job is to upsell the plans. A friend of a friend told me that the people in the cell department's main job are to upsell you. He also said that some employees are unethical by using their own referral codes versus asking if someone refers them. How?

The customer says no, and the Wal-Mart staff will ask, ok. And then they ask if the customer would like a $10 credit? If so, they will enter a special code so you can get it. The customer agrees and gets a $10 credit. Pretty sly but smart thinking I guess. 

@rickdesjardins wrote:

Why can't I get my monthly pay as you go plan started earlier by say a week That way I'm losing that week if anything and I avoid paying your insane price for data I mean 1 GB of data for $50 will buy me an entire month and reset my monthly data plan I was told by a Walmart employee that it can't be accomplished so I was sol  I'm moving up to a $50 per month pay as you go plan which offers 8 GB data as to 4.5 GB data on the $40 per month pay as you go plan Will doing this allow me to start my one month on the day I move up to the $50 a month plan?

If I read this correctly, you are on the $40 plan. Did you run out of data? If so, then you could have bought the $15 for 1 gig of data which does carry to the next month until you use it all up.

If you wanting to move up to the $50 plan, and you have one week left in the $40 plan, the staff is trying to tell you, to renew on the next billing cycle (one week from now) because you would lose one's week of your previous plan. This is sound advice!

It sounds to me you don't care, and you want the plan to start NOW, which means, you pay the $50 for the new plan and it starts now. The Wal-Mart staff was trying to save you a week of your plan, but they didn't know about the 1 gig for $15, and instantly thought of upgrading you. 

You have been with Public Mobile since December 2019. You should have come to us for advice versus asking Wal-Mart. I would hope you can trust us than Wal-Mart? The community doesn't get paid, or make any commission in helping you (unless you count community rewards, but that's pennies, literally!). 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It was lowered to $15 for a few months but now it was announced that it is a permanent price.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Price-Change-1GB-Data-Add-on-Now-15/td-...

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@rickdesjardins 

not sure who told you it is $50.00. Public mobile just announced they will be keeping the 15.00 1G data add on. I think the representative at Walmart was not familiar with Public and gave you a but of misdirection. Because it is prepaid if you renew 1 day beforw or 15 days before you will need to pay the full amount. Try to tie yourself over with a 1G add on if you can. Sorry that you were misinformed. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rickdesjardins 

The 1GB data add-on is still $15 this month.

Which link on your overview page did you cliked on?

The "Purchase Add-On" or "Change Plan"?

You might be confused by clicking the "Change Plan" instead of "Purchase Add-On".

pharaohpeter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@rickdesjardinsThe price for a 1GB data add-on was just recently lowered! Check it out!

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That must be a mistake

Try logging out clean cache and relogin

If it persists contact moderators

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@rickdesjardins 1GB Data add-on is still costing $15. Where do you see $50? 
You can renew your plan early by contacting the Moderator Team. 

"Will doing this allow me to start my one month on the day I move up to the $50 a month plan?" 

If you futuredated the plan change, your 30 days will start after it renews. If you change your plan now to take effect immediately, it will start now. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@rickdesjardins the price of the 1gig data addon has been permanently  lowered to $15. Stay safe. See link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Price-Change-1GB-Data-Add-on-Now-15/m-p...

Need Help? Let's chat.