cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Stopp Working

Nichlee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to start by saying that I’ve been delighted with the service from Public Mobile for over a year now. My data has been working perfectly until I purchased a US Add-on.

I bought the 10-day US roaming add-on for a 3-day US trip and immediately had trouble with the data while still in Canada. I thought it would solve itself after the 10-day term was finished, but it still hasn’t come back.

The phone is an iPhone 5S and this is what I've tried so far:
  • turned airplane mode on/off;
  • turned wifi on/off;
  • restarted my phone (many times); and
  • reset the Network Setting.

I would appreciate some help with this, I need my data back 🙂
11 REPLIES 11

@Nichlee Go to Settings --> Cellular, and then Make sure Cellular Data is enabled (green background). Turning Roaming On under Cellular Data doesn't hurt either. Also, when you do a network reset you have to re-enter your Wi-Fi passwords..

Nichlee

I think you're right. I'll put in a message to them now. Thanks

Nichlee

Yes, I did turn the roaming off and WOW is there ever a lot of info here, thanks. So far, I'm still stumped.

Nichlee

I don't have another phone to try this, but that's a good idea.

Nichlee

Thank you, it was definitely worth the try, but it didn't work I'm afraid.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nichlee I recalled some customers had the same problem after the US roaming addon. It is the problem on PM side. Maybe you need to contact the Moderator to help to reset your phone on their side. You can simply click on the Envelop icon and send to "Moderator_Team" and tell them your issue. They will reply within 2 days. 

@Nichlee wrote:

I did go to the States and it worked intermittently through Washington and Oregon. Now back in Canada, I don't get any data at all and the 10-day add-on has expired. Everything worked perfectly until I added the US data.

Can you try your sim in adifferent unlocked phone?

Nichlee

I did go to the States and it worked intermittently through Washington and Oregon. Now back in Canada, I don't get any data at all and the 10-day add-on has expired. Everything worked perfectly until I added the US data.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The above answers have good advice.You could also try doing the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using 'Plan and Add-Ons' --> 'Lost/Stolen Phone'
3. Log off
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to enable all features of your plan again.

This will not blacklist your phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nichlee 

Did you go to the states? Did it work there?

If so then maybe you need to re-connect back to Public Mobile now.

See if anything helps in this thread too.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you make sure that you turned off roaming ?

Here is an article about troubleshooting.

https://appletoolbox.com/2013/04/iphone-could-not-activate-cellular-data-network-fix/

Need Help? Let's chat.