cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Reset

Sunshine-754
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My data was reset to 1023.999 MB instead of 1024 MB when it was renewed.  Just wondering why it is not reset to 1024 MB?

7 REPLIES 7

@Sunshine-754 wrote:

My data was not on.  It shows 0.001/1024 after it resets itself.

Yes PM's system sometimes shows these nominal amounts of data being used, sometimes it's negative data (benefit!), but normally there's 2.3mb of buffered/ghost data that's shown after enabling data on the phone.  Usually this can be reset by turning your phone's data/airplane mode on/off.

However, one of my account's phone that has data turned off and it still shows this nominal amount of data being used, not sure why that happens but I don't worry about it as it seems to be one of the many quirks in the PM system:)

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Sunshine-754 wrote:

My data was reset to 1023.999 MB instead of 1024 MB when it was renewed.  Just wondering why it is not reset to 1024 MB?

Perhaps, just a system bug, don't worry, it may fix itself with time/new month.

@Sunshine-754 wrote:

This is about 1 kilobyte. It shouldn't do this but is unlikely to cause any differnce in service.

Sunshine-754
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

LoveMyBolt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Ed404 wrote:

@LoveMyBolt wrote:

Another .001 thing. Seems to be a rash of these.

Was your data on? Did you send an MMS?

If the display shows it as 0/1023.999 it's on their end and isn't related to user doing anything with data. Probably a system glitch and didn't round up or something. I wouldn't worry about 0.001 MB it's nothing.

I would surmise that it's a similar related effect.

It is nothing but I like seeing zero used and even, clean numbers for the bucket.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LoveMyBolt wrote:

If the display shows it as 0/1023.999 it's on their end and isn't related to user doing anything with data. Probably a system glitch and didn't round up or something. I wouldn't worry about 0.001 MB it's nothing.

LoveMyBolt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Sunshine-754 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.