cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DROPPED CALLS- **COMMENT HERE IF YOU HAVE IT TOO**

m20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have had so many important dropped calls this week. Its ridiculous. I have full bars on my phone at all times. And no I'm not in the basement or in a concrete building when making calls. I have tried restarting my phone and taking the sim card out and in. It clearly doesn't matter where I make the call because I 'm getting the dropped calls in my own home which wasn't the case 6 months ago.

This has been going on for months but this week has been so horrible. My friends who are on public mobile have also told me they have had many dropped calls lately. I googled "public mobile dropped calls" and apparently this has been going for months judging by the many PAGES of dropped calls.

I'm about to (1) switch providers if nothing is done and then (2) report to CRTC because it seems as though public mobile doesn't care.

6 REPLIES 6

marywaterman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was noticing dropped calls quite a few times over the last 2 months in general. The last week or so I've had a better luck. Let's hope this continues to improve.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@m20 wrote:

I have had so many important dropped calls this week. Its ridiculous. I have full bars on my phone at all times. And no I'm not in the basement or in a concrete building when making calls. I have tried restarting my phone and taking the sim card out and in. It clearly doesn't matter where I make the call because I 'm getting the dropped calls in my own home which wasn't the case 6 months ago.

This has been going on for months but this week has been so horrible. My friends who are on public mobile have also told me they have had many dropped calls lately. I googled "public mobile dropped calls" and apparently this has been going for months judging by the many PAGES of dropped calls.

I'm about to (1) switch providers if nothing is done and then (2) report to CRTC because it seems as though public mobile doesn't care.

I am sure you have Dropped calls but reporting them to the CRTC will do no good because they will not even take your Report. 

I await your apology sir....

4:30 PM ET - May 8, 2019

Hey Community,

We have implemented a solution to resolve the issue causing customers’ voice calls to drop during peak times. We are actively monitoring the Community and our systems to ensure there are no further inconveniences to our customers. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here and we can assist.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience. We will provide a further update as soon as possible.

-Public Mobile Community team

m20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

"It was a problem last spring and they said it was fixed...but invited anyone to pm them if the problem continued." That is a lie. Here is what you see when you google "public mobile dropped calls". As you can clearly see this was a few months ago and there are many more pages on different websites about dropepd calls. I know of 5 friends personally who are with public mobile experiencing dropped calls. This is an ONGOING widespread problem.

10 posts
Apr. 2, 2019
10 posts
May 1, 2019

Elle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bruh, just thought to mention that when a phone is being tapped, calls will drop. I heard they can only do it when internet is on though. Shut Mobile Data off, if that doesn't work reset phone (I know it's a pain to backup everything) and if it still drops it's public mobile then. Only time I had issues with this carrier was when the rogers towers were down in July.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Before you bail...give the moderators a chance to address that dropped call issue...Click this to message moderator

It was a problem last spring and they said it was fixed...but invited anyone to pm them if the problem continued.

Give them a try. Please be patient as it could take 48 hours for them to respond to you...usually much less.

Keep us posted on how you make out. Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.