cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Failure

Jethro82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I haven't been able to browse the web on my phone since one in the afternoon. except when connected to wifi.  My Facebook Messenger app still works - so I'm still getting data and I'm on the internet, but the browser claims it can't resolve the DNS requests to sites such as google, facebook, or godaddy.  If it helps I live in Winnipeg, Manitioba and was able to use my browser yesterday evening when not on WiFi.  Sorry if this should have gone in Phones - I wasn't sure

4 REPLIES 4

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jethro82 wrote:

Nevermind... resetting my phone and unplugging the SIM card worked.

@Jethro82  You have found the most common cure to cell phone issues.

Jethro82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nevermind... resetting my phone and unplugging the SIM card worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jethro82 wrote:

I haven't been able to browse the web on my phone since one in the afternoon. except when connected to wifi.  My Facebook Messenger app still works - so I'm still getting data and I'm on the internet, but the browser claims it can't resolve the DNS requests to sites such as google, facebook, or godaddy.  If it helps I live in Winnipeg, Manitioba and was able to use my browser yesterday evening when not on WiFi.  Sorry if this should have gone in Phones - I wasn't sure

Lower down on your overview page do you see mention of your data component? If not, you may have finished it. Did you get any texts warning that you're getting down in data?

Maybe restart the phone too.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Have you checked your data usage? Did you run out? Can you make/receive calls and texts?

Check your APN settings, they should be:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F
Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.
Need Help? Let's chat.