cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Customer service

@TC63 hi I happen to be a human and as far as I know most people here are, is their anything we can help you with?Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

What is the issue that you are having with activation ?  Post more details in the forum and people are willing to help you or if needed you may need to contact a moderator.  Most issues can be resolved with suggestions from other user's experience and knowledge.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SIM card activation....

The number won't work on the new iphone 8 - all compatiable with your service, but will can't get my phone to work.

its been over a week to try and get this far.... why cant there be a phone 'contact us' link for customers to resolve issues?

Mayor / Maire

@TC63Can you elaborate more on what is not working? Does Public Mobile appear on the top left hand on your phone? Is it an iPhone from the States? Have you tried your SIM card in a known working phone?

There is no phone contact for support because so that we save a few bucks off monthly fee, since Public Mobile doesn't mantain a call center. If you require more extensive tech support, I would recommend moving up to Telus tiers that have physical presence and support services eg Telus or Koodo postpaid.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the smae issue, for over 24 hours sent 3 messages to moderators noone has replied

Mayor / Maire

@Nioushait usually take up to 48 hours for moderators to respond depending on their work load. You just have to be patient.. it is priced lower for a reason so have to adjust one's expectation when it comes to service.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This happened to me.  My cell no. and land line no. became mixed up during porting.  I notified the moderators of the problem and it was fixed in a short time.  Then data didn't work.  After resetting my phone to factory settings, everything worked fine.  The problem was one of my apps.  I'm slowly adding my apps and haven't determined which one it was yet.  So give it all a little time.  It's worth it.  

the phone top left corner says: NO SIM

what now?

I placed the SIM in a working phone and it comes up as "Public Mobile"....

Will PM be able to unlock a phone?

message says when I put the PM SIM back into my new phone:

"The SIM card that you currently have installined in the iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activations server. This is not a harware issue with eh iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPone be unlocked by your carrier. "

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TC63 wrote:

I placed the SIM in a working phone and it comes up as "Public Mobile"....

Will PM be able to unlock a phone?

message says when I put the PM SIM back into my new phone:

"The SIM card that you currently have installined in the iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activations server. This is not a harware issue with eh iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPone be unlocked by your carrier. "

PM does not unlock phones from other carriers. You will need to contact the carrier that the phone is from. Do you know the previous carrier it was used on??