cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service

Kyleeking
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have emailed for help, no one responding. Public ripped me off 51. Bucks this morning. Can't get any help and if I don't by the end of the day public will lose 3 customers in total. Not acceptable to be charged in my card twice within minutes for 1 account and make the best of it no credit for it... poor service on public do take unauthorized payments.

30 REPLIES 30

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@TC63You will need to contact the original carrier of the iPhone with your account information with that carrier to get the phone unlocked. If it is a Canadian phone, the carrier is obligated to unlock it for you provided you are the original owner.

Depending on the age / model of your phone (if it is iOS 10 or up), it will could be done over the air with wifi. Apple doesn't use unlocking codes, every iPhone and the related activation / lock information is kept in their central database.

Or use paid 3rd party unlocking services. Public Mobile expects users to bring network compatible phone per the Terms of Service and doesn't provide phones, hence they don't provide unlocking service.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TC63 wrote:

I placed the SIM in a working phone and it comes up as "Public Mobile"....

Will PM be able to unlock a phone?

message says when I put the PM SIM back into my new phone:

"The SIM card that you currently have installined in the iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activations server. This is not a harware issue with eh iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPone be unlocked by your carrier. "

PM does not unlock phones from other carriers. You will need to contact the carrier that the phone is from. Do you know the previous carrier it was used on??

TC63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I placed the SIM in a working phone and it comes up as "Public Mobile"....

Will PM be able to unlock a phone?

message says when I put the PM SIM back into my new phone:

"The SIM card that you currently have installined in the iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activations server. This is not a harware issue with eh iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPone be unlocked by your carrier. "

TC63

the phone top left corner says: NO SIM

what now?

ecowen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This happened to me.  My cell no. and land line no. became mixed up during porting.  I notified the moderators of the problem and it was fixed in a short time.  Then data didn't work.  After resetting my phone to factory settings, everything worked fine.  The problem was one of my apps.  I'm slowly adding my apps and haven't determined which one it was yet.  So give it all a little time.  It's worth it.  

@Nioushait usually take up to 48 hours for moderators to respond depending on their work load. You just have to be patient.. it is priced lower for a reason so have to adjust one's expectation when it comes to service.

Niousha

I have the smae issue, for over 24 hours sent 3 messages to moderators noone has replied

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@TC63Can you elaborate more on what is not working? Does Public Mobile appear on the top left hand on your phone? Is it an iPhone from the States? Have you tried your SIM card in a known working phone?

There is no phone contact for support because so that we save a few bucks off monthly fee, since Public Mobile doesn't mantain a call center. If you require more extensive tech support, I would recommend moving up to Telus tiers that have physical presence and support services eg Telus or Koodo postpaid.

TC63

SIM card activation....

The number won't work on the new iphone 8 - all compatiable with your service, but will can't get my phone to work.

its been over a week to try and get this far.... why cant there be a phone 'contact us' link for customers to resolve issues?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

What is the issue that you are having with activation ?  Post more details in the forum and people are willing to help you or if needed you may need to contact a moderator.  Most issues can be resolved with suggestions from other user's experience and knowledge.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@TC63 hi I happen to be a human and as far as I know most people here are, is their anything we can help you with?Smiley Happy

TC63

I am totally confused how this company can operate without being responsive to the needs of customers. Can not figure out how not having 'humans' to actually answer and manage the issues faced by customers makes sense... will give you a try for a little while if I can ever get my phone activated, and the account activated.... will see

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alain007 wrote:

Welcome to PM! No customer service at all! Did you know Chatr has similar plans??? 😘

@Alain007

Yeah...with zones...and they're Rogers so less coverage than with Telus/Bell.

I don't know what the customer count (subscriber base?) is with PM but I gotta think it's in the 10's of thousands at least. The people coming here are the ones that are having some kind of difficulty.

Mostly it's a problem of their making ie. they typed something wrong or it's their phone or they couldn't be bothered to remember their password or they lost track of where all their old credit card was linked and then lose service here. etc. Not the fault of PM.

Some of those can't seem to adjust to the self-serve model of a cellphone service.

Then indeed it's actual problems with that same self-serve model.

And we see them all here in their worst frustration. Like you.

It can even get a little overwhelming to see the constant barrage of the same kinds of problems. I know I did when I was new here wanting to help. Then one of the regulars here "sat me down" and I got turned around. Very nice. Now I do what I can to see these people through their frustrations.

Remember those 10's of thousands I mentioned? We don't hear from them. I have had zero problems here since joining in May. Some poeple have little to nothing of need of the mods for a couple years.

Yup. The support model isn't well serviced by the company owners. What do you know...they want more profit rather than paying for immediate support for cheap customers wanting cheap cell service. The system has several problems that if fixed would remove the weight from the few support people.

Go lay your dump (now rightfully removed) all over Telus and its shareholders if you have that much of a problem with what's going on here.

Alain007
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes ma’am 

Alain007

Don’t you have anything constructive to do during the day? 

Alain007

Lol 😂 I

@Alain007 wrote:

Welcome to PM! No customer service at all! Did you know Chatr has similar plans??? 😘

If it works for you then sign up there

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alain007  any specific reason you are bringing up a thread from june?  with nothing constructive to add? 

Also mods are great at their job, it is not their fault they have a large workload.

Alain007

Because they suck at their job! 

Alain007

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

How are you doing @Kyleeking? Is your issue resolved?

Kyleeking

correct i sent a private message, took 3 days for a response and they said to click the link but he didn't attach a link, needless to say it is still not fixed!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kyleeking wrote:

Yes I was going to say the same. Why not respond on my email instead of thread. But seeing how you took the time to do that why not take the time to fix the problem?

@Kyleeking just wanted to verify--when you say "email", you didn't actually email them, right?  If you did, please note that the former email inbox for support is no longer in use.  The only way to get help from the moderator team now is to send them a private message through this community.  Please see @Anonymous's reply above for the link to do so.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kyleeking

Yes I was going to say the same. Why not respond on my email instead of thread. But seeing how you took the time to do that why not take the time to fix the problem?

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Kyleeking wrote:

I have 3 times no response

Sending multiple messages will not increase the response time.  It is first come first serve basis.  THe more messages you send the longer the list of private messages the moderators need to go through.

Why is Moderator_Team even posting to this tread instead of responding to @Kyleeking's private messages in the first place? Woman Mad

@Kyleeking wrote:

Sending multiple messages will not increase the response time.  It is first come first serve basis.  THe more messages you send the longer the list of private messages the moderators need to go through.  It could take sometime but PM will take care of it

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Kyleeking

Yes I have

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kyleeking, have you send a private message to the moderators?  That is the only way they communicate with customers.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Kyleeking

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.