cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service on Vacation

waiting
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I like some others on this forum have been experiencing (partial?) port issues (since  20/11/2016).  I have submitted support requests multiple times (23/11, 26/11, 28/11) but no responses whatsoever (it states response in 48 hrs).  I even PM a moderator earlier today and no responses either.

The system will gladly accept and process the 3 month payment.  However, when issues arise and personal attention is required then it's a different story.......I thought I'sd share my experience with the community. 

To me, this level of customer support is really unacceptable.

Rick

14 REPLIES 14

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @waiting

I'm sorry we weren't able to get back to you before! I can assure you we are not on vacation, quite the opposite 😛 

I have sent you a private message!

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Jsauter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Porting is an asynchronous process that sometimes is automated, sometimes is manual.  I would say it close to impossible to have an acurrate result posted to the user during porting saying whether or not it was successful.  Depending on the provider this process can take minutes to days.  Probably when they say "successful" it means it was validated and submitted to whatever process they have internal to facilitate the port.

Now, perhaps PM should be me conservative in their user feedback in the process, but I don't know how you would articulate and portray warm and fuzzies with "port submitted, check back at some time in the future to see if it worked".

I've worked as a tester with new telecom porting processes and it was always a hairy procedure.  It is very easy to get stuck somewhere that requires manual intervention if the automated processes fail.  I lost my own home phone number for weeks when I was the first person to port with the systems once.  So while I understand people's frustrations with this, it is not a simple process to make seemless.

waiting

I think you missed the point.  In fact, I was trying to perform self service.  However, even if you provide any wrong port details in the porting screen (accident or otherwise) the PM system will tell you it was successful.  It thinks you have ported the number even though the transferring carrier did not release the number.  The PM system will NOT allow you to port again. (system limitation?)

You must then contact customer service if you want the issue resolved because you cannot perform self-service any more.  The 48 hr response time is service standard setup by PM, so shouldn't they be accountable to their own standards?  How much we pay for the service is not the issue.    

clavije
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hi , no ofence but this service is a self serve, there is no customer service , we all deal with computers, there is a forum called community, again is help that you get from the community of users of PM, that is the reason you pay about 35 dollars less that you will pay for a service like bell or rogers, maybe i'm one of the lucky ones i have used forums before, so before i sign up for PM i became a member of this community and read a lot it give an idea of some of the bugs then i became a PM customer after i took my wife and kid and no complains so far, i  port 3 numbers all are working fine and with the almost $100 dollars that i'm saving i will get me a nice bottle of wine

chers

waiting

I used the Change Number selection to port my number.  That was on Nov 20, 2016.  It gave a "successful" message.  Several days later, I realized it did not port completely with wrong info.  I did attempt to do this again, put in the number and click "Check Eligibility" button.  However, the system says "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance".   So I sent in support request by email and received automated message that "....you can expect a response within 48 hours.".  That was Nov 23, 2016, or 6 days ago.

I understand from reading the Community posts the frustrations everyone are experiencing from this backlog.  It appears there are 4 moderators tirelessly.  However, my concern is that the company's higher heads (is there a President?) needs to be aware of this problem.  Are there anyone from Public Mobile at a senior level who would stick their heads out to address our concerns for the lack of support?  Does such a person exist?  Or is there no one accountable within this virtual web based company?

Maharg15
If my phone doesn't work after the 3 months can we get our money back?

@waiting, I don't know when you originally tried to port your number, but I see you posted in the forum today, approximately 11 hours ago.  As there is a large backlog due to the recent promotion, your issue will take some time for the moderators to see it.

You've mentioned that there were issues with the IEMI number.  It is suggested that you not use anything other than the account number and your name to port, as the IEMI number may not match what is on the old account, if you are using a different than original phone on the account.

if you have access to self serve, I wonder if you could attempt the port yourself again.  Please note, I do not know if this is recommended, nor if there is a chance you will lose your number.  Please act with caution, as I do not know if this will work.

i hope your issue is resolved soon, for all the hassle with the issues and the backlog, I truly believe you will be happy with your service on Public Mobile.

waiting

Thanks for the suggestion, however, I do not use facebook (the minority).  In any case, I feel it's the company's responsibility to be nice to the paying customers and not the other way around.  We should all be entitled to quality customer service and not have to beg for it!

By the way, my issue is that I cannot recieve calls and texts.  I contacted my transferring carrier and they said a port was received but some info was incorrect (IMEC?), and Public Mobile needs to re-submit the request.  I've since provided the correct info to PM but still waiting.  So currently I have 2 active services.  

seltaeb1956

Try putting a nicely worded post on facebook, thats what I did and got a response back from Jeremy in about 8 hours. I wish I could help, do you have any service at all, what stage are u at?

KR

bmendes

Agreed. Also, I've sometimes had better luck reaching them on Twitter or Facebook. 

waiting

If the company wants to hold a promotion to bring in more customers that is fine.  However, they need to ensure they have enough resources to properly handle the higher volume of support required.

kabitab

No one would expect this kind of horrible service from a cell phone serivce provider. It has been two weeks and I am not receiving any icoming call and there is no one to help. 

jieying_kk

You are not alone. Alot of people are stranded based on various reasons but nobody replied.

Need Help? Let's chat.