cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card charged wrongly

Macmserdana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

My TD credit card is being charged every month for $40-$50 even though I have not purchased anything from Pubic mobile . How can I get this sorted out and my money reverse back to me ?

thanks monisha 

10 REPLIES 10

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Macmserdana wrote:

Sorry I don’t understand . Can you pls explain again 

You are not a Public Mobile Customer, therefore you do not contact Public Mobile for a Refund.  You need to get in touch with your Credit Card company and tell them about what is going on. 

Macmserdana

Sorry I don’t understand . Can you pls explain again 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Macmserdana wrote:

Quick question - by posing my questions here will I get this issue resolved and money recovered back ?

No. Put the request to the moderators as suggested.

If you have never had any dealings with Public Mobile then you have issues with your credit card. I would do a chargeback through the cc issuer.

Do you not scan the charges on your credit card when you get the bill? Wait...what's that charge?! Who paid Public Mobile for anything?! If you pay the bill then you're effectively agreeing to the charges listed. You need to dispute charges when you see them.

Edit: figures...25 minutes after the question, computergeek541 posts a reply. In that meantime I typed the above 🙂

We're not going to worry about a few minutes or a the odd time someone mistakenly repeats something. I'd be more worried if people are repeat offenders and do it hours or sometimes days later.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Macmserdana wrote:

Quick question - by posing my questions here will I get this issue resolved and money recovered back ?

No. Put the request to the moderators as suggested.

If you have never had any dealings with Public Mobile then you have issues with your credit card. I would do a chargeback through the cc issuer.

Do you not scan the charges on your credit card when you get the bill? Wait...what's that charge?! Who paid Public Mobile for anything?! If you pay the bill then you're effectively agreeing to the charges listed. You need to dispute charges when you see them.

Edit: figures...25 minutes after the question, computergeek541 posts a reply. In that meantime I typed the above 🙂

@Macmserdana wrote:

Not likely.  Moderators don't usually reply to these threads, and moderators are the only point of contact that customers have access to.

I assume that you never gave a friend or family member persmission to charge your card for Public Mobile service?

As you are not a Public Mobile customer, I wouldn't even contact Public Mobile.  There's no reason to do that since you appear to have no business relationship with the company.  Since you have never purchased anything from the company, there is no reason for you to contact them. Just contact TD Bank directly and have them immediately reverse the charges as unathorized, cancel the credit card, and issue a replacement card. 

To be clear, this isn't a Public Mobile issue, but more likely and issue with somoene illegally using your credit card information.

Macmserdana

Macmserdana

Thanks - done .

i have sent a private message as advised by you but no one has replied yet 

@Macmserdana  In the top right corner of your post there are 3 dots, click there and select Edit.

Macmserdana

How do I remove my email address 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Macmserdana You would need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 You should also contact your credit card company and let them know your card was compromised.

And you should remove your email address, this is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.