cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a HotSpot with an HTC android?

markstang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Does anyone know what settings I should use to create WiFi hotspot with my phone. I have turned on my hotspot and can connect devices to the hotspot but once connected the devices don't have internet access. I have tried finding info in this community on this however everything i tried does not work.

BTY....My phones data is working fine.

Any help or infowould be  much Apprciated.

Tks......Mark

8 REPLIES 8

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@markstang

Maybe this can help?

Cheers!

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
That is really frustrating. Have you tried to connect to your hotspot using other devices to confirm the problem is with the phone settings? It is possible that a firewall or other security settings are interfering on your computer.

Also, is it possible that DHCP was disabled on your HTC? See this thread for more info:
http://androidforums.com/threads/cant-access-internet-using-wifi-tethering.421209/page-2

Basically the poster said to go to: settings > mobile network sharing > portable wi-fi settings > advanced > LAN settings > and make sure the DHCP setting was ticked

Good luck!

markstang

Hey Guys,

Still no luck with this problem, anyone else have a clue as to what I should try next?

Tks....Mark

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.  Lets see if someone else has any suggestions.  I hope you can get it to work.  

markstang

Hi Imm1304

Tried everything you suggested and nothing worked for me, Still can't get my devices to have internet access. When I connect a device to my hotspot I can see the connected device on my phone but the device still doesn't have access....weird

Thanks for trying, 

Maybe someone else has had this problem before? I can't be the ony one, I hope....

markstang

Thanks for the input,

I will give it a try and keep you posted.

Regards.....Mark

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @markstang

Try this: 

1. Go to settings and reset your APN settings (default). Make sure that IPv6 not set by mistake. Test to see if issue resolved.  Delete current APN and create new one.  Test again.  
  2. try making a new apn with the EXACT same settings as your Public Mobile one however change the name to 'Consumer Broadband'...someone suggested this on XDA forum for hotspot problems on HTC.  So to be clear, they suggested you add this second APN.. everything exactly same as the PM APN but named "Consumer Broadband"
  3. Also, it has been suggested that some laptops/desktops suddenly started working with the HTC hotspot after disabling the LAN.  In windows, open network and sharing center >> change adapter settings >> Local Area Connection (Right Click to Disable)

I have never owned an HTC but am curious to see if this helps you.  Let us know here.  

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@markstang,

Strange, technically, from the moment your dta is working, you should be able to setup a hotspot.

Not sure what you could try to have it enabled?

Need Help? Let's chat.