cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage

resops
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Going into a friends camp(east of Trout Creek) this weekend for the first time since ponying up on PM.Coverage map says I'm good but on the fringe- report back next Monday Robot Happy

coveragePM.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

resops
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

forgot to respond to my original query - service was good at the camp -no issues. Tx all who responded...and phone was a King Kong 3 by Cubot

@will13am wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

There can be weak spots in coverage area.

I can attest to that - I live in an area that is supposedly covered, but the signal is kinda crappy. 😕 

Sometime when at the edge of coverage, results can be variable.

Well, that's just it, although I wouldn't say we're exactly "at the edge of coverage" here, at least according to the coverage map, BUT I expect those maps are approximations, at best.

Don't forget, your phone is part of the coverage equation.  Some phones have better cell radios than others.  Newer phones are generally better than older ones. 

Yeah, that's why I intend to stick my PM SIM in my wife's phone, since it's a couple of generations newer..... will see if that makes any diff.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

I can attest to that - I live in an area that is supposedly covered, but the signal is kinda crappy. 😕 

Sometime when at the edge of coverage, results can be variable.  Don't forget, your phone is part of the coverage equation.  Some phones have better cell radios than others.  Newer phones are generally better than older ones. 

@cavemantoronto wrote:

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@resops Trout Creek has 3g and LTE coverage. You said east of that, so your guess is as good as anyone. There can be weak spots in coverage area.

Need Help? Let's chat.