cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple of questions about mods and the Community

pboynett
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, a couple newbie questions for the vets..

1 - I emailed a mod with an issue over two hours ago.  Is it normal to wait that long (or longer)?

2 - If the mod you email goes offline, is your issue passed on to another mod?

3 - Do I need to be concerned about customer service?  I love the theory of PM but am concerned about  

the reality of this tyoe of service.  I know the big three cost more but if constant issues prevent you 

from using your phone - as they say you get what you pay for.

4.  How do you know if a mod has received your message and is wroking on the issue?  

Trying to keep the faith as this is only my first issue, but is also only my first auto-renew and clearly it didn't work. So batting .000 so far.

Thanks all and have a great holiday.

Paul

6 REPLIES 6

@pboynett If autopay failed AND your credit card was not charged you may be able to recover by doing the following:

1. login to your account and make a one time payment equal to the plan you wish (from the current offers), logout

2. login to your account, click Change Plan, pick the plan and click activate now, logout

3. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

If that fails, and you have not already done so, send a private message to any moderator with your phone number and a description of what has happened, but given their backlog it will likely be a few days before they respond. DO NOT PAY AGAIN.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

i use fongo as a backup you get a free canadinan number and can make calls to most of canad ano charge, you either need wifi or data.  

Its actually on my old mobile phone (no sim) and i use that to call myPM phone when i cant find it in the house or garage.   

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pboynett wrote:

Hi all, a couple newbie questions for the vets..

1 - I emailed a mod with an issue over two hours ago.  Is it normal to wait that long (or longer)?

2 - If the mod you email goes offline, is your issue passed on to another mod?

3 - Do I need to be concerned about customer service?  I love the theory of PM but am concerned about  

the reality of this tyoe of service.  I know the big three cost more but if constant issues prevent you 

from using your phone - as they say you get what you pay for.

4.  How do you know if a mod has received your message and is wroking on the issue?  

Trying to keep the faith as this is only my first issue, but is also only my first auto-renew and clearly it didn't work. So batting .000 so far.

Thanks all and have a great holiday.

Paul

Before saying anything else, first thing I want to say is be patient.  Because there's no-one to call, that immediate gratification of talking to someone right away isn't available.  Issues can take a little while longer to resolve than with the major brands.  That said, during normal working hours for moderators, issues raised are looked at within the hour, sometimes in minutes, depending on workload.  It's the same with calling into a call center.  

From what I can tell today, the moderators are not at work.  If they are, it's reduced hours.  When I checked their status, I am seeing offline. So, that may be the reason for the slow/no response.  A message to a moderator is effectively a message to all moderators.  They all have access to the pool of issues.

On your concern about customer service, this is a personal judgement thing that only you can decide what is the right level.  Personally, I can live with the reduced service level because the service is trouble free once it is set up and running.  Why pay for a service that you may use once or twice every year.  Talking to call center personnel is not the panacea.  Most don't have a clue and your end up spending hours on the phone.  This is not the case with the moderators here. Once they work on your issue, resolution is fast and effective.  I suggest you add the moderators to your friend list.  This will make it easy to determine who is online.  

pboynett
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great answers.  Thanks for your help.  Just frustrated because of the timing mostly as I have a million calls to make over the next day.

Cheers

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

@pboynett  welcome to the community Paul 

Let me answer your questions with what I know

1)under normal circumstances not really but since they just finished a huge promotion let's just say that they got overloaded ... really overloaded (I mean it). Best thing is to just wait 

2)emailing one mod will send it to a pool accessed by all mods so everyone did receive your email so don't worry and don't message other mods it will  create extra requests that are not needed now

3) personally I would say don't, I find a community that is interacting with each other better then calling and waiting for hours to speak to one representative and also you can always search the previous topics for your same issue more the  90% of the problems that could be resolved without a mod are already posted and fixed all you need to do is just read them 

4) the mod will contact you once they finished resolving the problems of others before you and I suppose they you will get a ticket. Either way at least one of 4 or more mods will receive the issue so I wouldn't be worries.

I hope that answered your question 

Enjoy the holidays 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Emailing usually takes 24-48 hours. You would rather want to send private message to one of the mod for a possibility of hearing back quicker.

All info about mods: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

Need Help? Let's chat.