cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting and getting results from Community Moderators

vincep
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your trouble shooting and  IT help system needs an over haul , It is near impossible to get your moderators to help with issues on hand . I've tried multiple times to contact Mods on line when they are active , as soon as i sent a message they go off line ? and yes that actually happens .

I've been trying to resolve a phone number issue with one of your Team moderators and it has take 4 days now and nothings been done to correct the issue . You will keep on losing customers because the lack of respect to them by not providing a properly functioning Customer service department .........that is the cornerstone of any business . Wake up Public mobile sure it web based but if the intended reason to have a web based customer service is simply to save money the thats not a good reason at all , you are putting profit before your customers needs . If you dont have customers to beging with where will the profits come from ?? bad business model 

Vincent 

29 REPLIES 29

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vincep wrote:

shawnC12 it time you let things go , and move on with your life ..if you would have read the threads you would have seen i was asking about the getting results from the Moderators ..what you are talking about is not the subject in discussion ...this is a new thread with a new topic . phone numbers and changing too a local number is not relevent . 

you need to stop these bullying tactics period ...and that goes for others that dont read the subject and the complete thread .

@vincep Glad that you got your issue sorted out and so this thread is done now. There's no bullying or agenda against anyone here so I am locking this thread.

vincep

shawnC12 it time you let things go , and move on with your life ..if you would have read the threads you would have seen i was asking about the getting results from the Moderators ..what you are talking about is not the subject in discussion ...this is a new thread with a new topic . phone numbers and changing too a local number is not relevent . 

you need to stop these bullying tactics period ...and that goes for others that dont read the subject and the complete thread .

@vincep wrote:

ok stoneskipper you have taken the liberity to comment on this post as well , and the issue i am having is that there is alack of customer service from PM ....not the issue of number change for a long distance number to a local number , which has caused me not to receive local calls for my contacts for the past two months ...well you had mentioned in the prevoius thread that i should take it up with the moderators .....well if you had read the start of this thread you would have seen that i have been having difficulties getting replies from them for 4 day and two months now ....so please stay on topic and dont confuse my prvious thread with this one ...it has nothing to do with the 403 number which i dont really care about ...just want a local number period 

I know it has been hours since a post in this thread but to continually not call someone by their chosen name here or using other name calling tactics is totally uncalled for.  Now I see you have also changed your tune on the area code.  When many others told you that  there weren't any available to PM you would dismiss this and said you needed a Calgary 403 number.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/phone-number-status/m-p/365051/highli...

i only want the 403 as my area code ..dont want others ..it confuses my senior 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/phone-number-status/m-p/365057/highli...

@vincep wrote:

not true the moderator had three sets of numbers starting with 403 for me to chose from . and what is this port over ? i just want a 403 number ..i dont want to go all over the map just for that number 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@vincep wrote:

I'm happy to report that i have been helped by a Moderator named " Andu " who took couple of hour to resolve my problems ..i now have a calgary number and no longer a Lethbridge number 

Great job Andu 

@vincep  Thanks for the update. So dealing with PM moderators is not all that bad is it?Smiley Happy I guess slim came through just had to wait a little longer. Smiley Happy

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@vincep wrote:

I'm happy to report that i have been helped by a Moderator named " Andu " who took couple of hour to resolve my problems ..i now have a calgary number and no longer a Lethbridge number 

Great job Andu 

I'm glad this was fixed for you

vincep

Great job Andu 

@JackQuint wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Would you like some assistance with holding the door open for you?  Don't let the swinging gate whack you on the way out! 

Hey, don't get me wrong, I would dearly love to be pampered like a king.  I am the one paying for the pamering.  If Public Mobile implements a service model that saves them a bit of money and with some savings passed onto the consumer, I am all for it. 

As much as you may disagree, the current customer service model is not as bad as you make it out to be.  Yesterday a colleague who I referred to Public Mobile had an issue with one of his accounts.  I took the opportunity to introduce him to the community forum support model.  He was able to do some perusing around the forum to check for like problems from the past.  He got a chance to send a PM to the moderator team.  In the end, his issue was resolve fairly quickly.  He rated the overall experince as no different than calling in.  What he actually liked was not having to sit on the phone listening to bad music.  When the PM response came in, he got an email notification.  Checked the PM for resolution, all done with efficiency. 

Is the snark really necessary?

That someone had a good experience doesn't address the issue many are having. They are going days without the service they have paid for in advance with little acknowledgement. Remember, this is a prepaid service and PM has a contractual obligation to provide what's paid for. Since they aren't (in many cases), they have a good faith obligation to provide a path to resolution and it doesn't seem to be effective for many.

That you're happy is irrelevant. The underling concern is valid, reasonable, and being dismissive of it just makes you look silly.

Based on the title, this thread is a discussion on the moderator team effectiveness.  I merely provided an unadulterated snapshot of an interaction with the moderator team yesterday morning.  With respect to the problems affecting large numbers of customers having nothing to do with moderator team performance, you will find that my posts are as critical of Public Mobile as any other customer.  It I was affected by the dropped calls, no text problems for weeks I would have writers cramp putting in CCTS complaints.  I am just trying to tell it like it is here, without the emotional outbursts.  Call me irrelevant, stick and stones by friend. 

vincep

Im seriuosly contamplating it ..my old carrier Chatr has the same plan at the same price point ..and i never had any issues with them for 10 years ..the only problen was the customer support was based in the philpines and the like to script talk to customers a drawn out process ...but even that is better then no customer service i must admit 

duffer900

@vincep wrote:

you guys go out trolling together by the looks of it ..get over your self 

In all fairness, it was a bit of fun that last jab. I hope you get your issues resolved. I am not in here to "troll", I am a user just like you, hopeing I can help someone with their issues. Usually simple ones, as I don't know things at the level of the Oracles.

And if you decide to leave and head to another carrier, I hope you have better luck.

🙂

vincep

you guys go out trolling together by the looks of it  ..so when i explain what issues im having its snarky ..get over your self

duffer900

@vincep wrote:

ok stoneskipper you have taken the liberity to comment on this post as well , and the issue i am having is that there is alack of customer service from PM ....not the issue of number change for a long distance number to a local number , which has caused me not to receive local calls for my contacts for the past two months ...well you had mentioned in the prevoius thread that i should take it up with the moderators .....well if you had read the start of this thread you would have seen that i have been having difficulties getting replies from them for 4 day and two months now ....so please stay on topic and dont confuse my prvious thread with this one ...it has nothing to do with the 403 number which i dont really care about ...just want a local number period 

This sounds snarky

vincep

vincep

Thanks at least somone on here tries to understand the issues many others are having . And please leaving snarky comments doesnt do anything but make you look privaliged and arrogant ...and to imply  finding service else where is not what will follow as it my decission to join and it'll be my decission to leave ...i just dont walk away from problems 

Back in late 2016 when the Fall Promo was offered (I'm on this plan still), wait times for new signup issues were in excess of 12 days at one point.  We've been through this before, and I'm sure it's going to happen again someday.

@vincep, your issue has been solved by a few members already in your other thread.  If you wish a 403 'Calgary specific' telephone number, you will need to either port it in from another provider, or buy it from a reselling website that jacks the price up.  Moderator responses will more than likely be far from different.

In Public Mobile's current selection of AB-Calgary, there are NO 403 numbers available.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

Would you like some assistance with holding the door open for you?  Don't let the swinging gate whack you on the way out! 

Hey, don't get me wrong, I would dearly love to be pampered like a king.  I am the one paying for the pamering.  If Public Mobile implements a service model that saves them a bit of money and with some savings passed onto the consumer, I am all for it. 

As much as you may disagree, the current customer service model is not as bad as you make it out to be.  Yesterday a colleague who I referred to Public Mobile had an issue with one of his accounts.  I took the opportunity to introduce him to the community forum support model.  He was able to do some perusing around the forum to check for like problems from the past.  He got a chance to send a PM to the moderator team.  In the end, his issue was resolve fairly quickly.  He rated the overall experince as no different than calling in.  What he actually liked was not having to sit on the phone listening to bad music.  When the PM response came in, he got an email notification.  Checked the PM for resolution, all done with efficiency. 

Is the snark really necessary?

That someone had a good experience doesn't address the issue many are having. They are going days without the service they have paid for in advance with little acknowledgement. Remember, this is a prepaid service and PM has a contractual obligation to provide what's paid for. Since they aren't (in many cases), they have a good faith obligation to provide a path to resolution and it doesn't seem to be effective for many.

That you're happy is irrelevant. The underling concern is valid, reasonable, and being dismissive of it just makes you look silly.

@vincep wrote:

we all know theres isnt any "human customer support " it the lack of support is what the issue is ..you obvouisly haven't had the frustation of dealing with any issues lately with public mobile ...so have no clue as to what im talking about , expert or not i didnt pay to get on board for a watered down service and ive been with PM since 2016...so dont tell me it the same service as before .

Its amazing what people will get used to when you are deliberatly being trained to take less and be submisive . Its called submissive consumer conditioning .

and we as canadians fall right into it , dont shake the boat mentality , Just eat what they feed you and dont complain...it that what you want me to do ? No thanks 

Hey, don't get me wrong, I would dearly love to be pampered like a king.  I am the one paying for the pampering.  If Public Mobile implements a service model that saves them a bit of money and with some savings passed onto the consumer, I am all for it. 

vincep

I totally understand , but 4 days for any results one email a day reAnd i've had this issue going on two months not as bad a gentleman thats dealing with no texts since sept ? Really is that acceptable with any business ..this is what i mean by watered down service 

@vincep wrote:

Here's my two cents , when public mobile opened they has a phone line dedicated to customer service ...and then they removed it ...why do you think that was done ? i thought a Tier 3 suposedly doesnt have a customer service line or is limited ....does that make any sense to you or is it just going over your head .

sorry i dont drink coffee 

Originally Public Mobile offered a phone support when they were on their own. Then back in 2013 i believe, Telus bought them. Telus also owns Koodo, and for this reason, PM would be the 3rd tier. To save money and offer different kinds of rewards that we get, they eliminated phone support to new customers. Since then, support has been provided through the community and some social media sites. Then they decided to provide support through the community only. That is where we are now. Mods usually get back to users within a couple of hours, but when there are issues such as drop calls or account renewal issue, they get a lot of messages and many times duplicates. With this in mind, you just have to be patient. With my 3.5 years here, i never had any account related issues. So i barely needed help from moderators. But it's different for everyone. If you got no patient and require immediate support, then this type of service might not be for you. Complaining in the community will not get you anywhere nor it will change anything right away. 

Usually the Mods are very quick and efficient to respond

Usually the only slow down is when there is a system wide issue

Certainly faster / better than waiting on hold for 2 hours with another carrier

vincep

we all know theres isnt any "human customer support " it the lack of support is what the issue is ..you obvouisly haven't had the frustation of dealing with any issues lately with public mobile ...so have no clue as to what im talking about , expert or not i didnt pay to get on board for a watered down service and ive been with PM since 2016...so dont tell me it the same service as before .

Its amazing what people will get used to when you are deliberatly being trained to take less and be submisive . Its called submissive consumer conditioning .

and we as canadians fall right into it , dont shake the boat mentality , Just eat what they feed you and dont complain...it that what you want me to do ? No thanks 

duffer900

@vincep wrote:

Here's my two cents , when public mbile opened they has a phone line dedecated to customer service ...and then they removed it ...why do you think that was done ? i thought a Tier 3 suposedly doesnt have a customer service line ....does that make any sense to you or is it just going over your head .

Over my head I guess. I didn't know we were playing the time machine go back in the day game. I though the post was about "lack of human customer support". It's not a secret that there is no customer support here. I think it's pretty much known. If you sign up and then realize there is no support, then pick another provider. There are lots. Some better for sure, some worse for sure. What gets me is that people are constantly complaining that there is no support, like it vanished yesterday... 

vincep

Here's my two cents , when public mobile opened they has a phone line dedicated to customer service ...and then they removed it ...why do you think that was done ? i thought a Tier 3 suposedly doesnt have a customer service line or is limited ....does that make any sense to you or is it just going over your head .

sorry i dont drink coffee 

duffer900

@vincep wrote:

Thanks for your input geopublic but that is not the issue being discused ..its the customer service dept and the lack of access to them is what is being discussed . Please stay on topic ..we are trying to get to the reason for this issue and not get distracted .

LOL, this is hilarious.

Joining PM and complaining about the lack of customer support, is like buying an empty coffee mug and complaining it doesn't have coffee in it....

Anyhow, done with my 2 cents... 

vincep

Thanks for your input geopublic but that is not the issue being discused ..its the customer service dept and the lack of access to them is what is being discussed . Please stay on topic ..we are trying to get to the reason for this issue and not get distracted . AND WHERE IN PUBLIC MOBILES ADS DOES IT MENTION ITS A TIER 3 SERVICE PROVIDER ??

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@vincep wrote:

Your trouble shooting and  IT help system needs an over haul , It is near impossible to get your moderators to help with issues on hand . I've tried multiple times to contact Mods on line when they are active , as soon as i sent a message they go off line ? and yes that actually happens .

I've been trying to resolve a phone number issue with one of your Team moderators and it has take 4 days now and nothings been done to correct the issue . You will keep on losing customers because the lack of respect to them by not providing a properly functioning Customer service department .........that is the cornerstone of any business . Wake up Public mobile sure it web based but if the intended reason to have a web based customer service is simply to save money the thats not a good reason at all , you are putting profit before your customers needs . If you dont have customers to beging with where will the profits come from ?? bad business model 

Vincent 

@vincepLike I mentioned in your previous post because PM is a tier 3 provider your chances of getting a 403 Calgary number are slim to none. If there is a slim chance then it's going to take a long time to get a response from PM. Now if you pay a little extra Smiley Wink by going with a Tier 1 provider you might get your wish.Smiley Happy

Good Luck.

vincep

Thank you JackQuint theres a person with some logical sense . Its amazing what big corperations will do to bait customers to their brand , i think you have hit the nail on the head , why else would public mobile be so self defeating and sabotage their own brand ? but they under estimate their customers we judge the whole corporation by how they deal with their customers through their Subsidiaries  

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@duffer900 wrote:

@vincep wrote:

Vincent 

It is to save us money. They have average phone support at best for other companies, and you are paying for it... Through the rediculiously high priced plans.

There are issues at every telco, All of them. 

This is a discount option. 

I wish you didn't have issues, but it is what it is. I had an issue with my account and it was resolved the same day. They get busy when unexpected things happen...

We are also living inside a forum dedicated to ISSUES... It gives the impression that the sky is falling, when in reality it isn't. No one comes in here to chat about how great things are, they need assistance. You don't see the 10's of thousands of people out there with fully functioning devices and accounts.

Bottom line, to save money this day and age, things need to be cut. Phone support for PM  is one of these things.

Good luck, and I hope they reach out to you soon!

I think your logic is flawed. Discount rates do not excuse non-existent support when the product doesn't work as advertised/promised. It is just that simple.

I have a phone with another provider. I pay less for that phone than anything PM offers (PM is ideal for my rarely used second phone) and have had instant response through multiple support channels without the "disappearing" act that the OP's complaining about.

On top of that, there is virtually no cost to providing first rate support to PM customers. The marginal cost to Telus of routing calls/twitter help/chat support/customer service emails to its own support staff to deal with PM issues is negligible (they already have the staff, the tech, and the infrastructure). They choose to provide third rate support for no other reason than to drive PM customers to Koodo and/or Telus itself. PM is a tactic to get you in the door and then drive you to higher priced (more profitable) services.

If we lower our expectations to the level that Telus would prefer, we are just being suckers for the marketing strategy.

vincep

you obviuosly are smitten with the service public mobile customer service which in my experiance and been below average near marginal . And by going through the forum and comments left of the facebook page i'm not alone  . Some of the comments are down right nasty about the wireless service let alone the customer serivce ..you can't live under a rock for ever .For a company that is part of and piggybacks on the telus wirless network , public mobile has away to go to provide an averege service . I've been with one or the other service provider over my life time and public mobile service has been the worst one for service disruptions and customer service .

Sorry i dont agree with your comments  

duffer900

@vincep wrote:

Vincent 

It is to save us money. They have average phone support at best for other companies, and you are paying for it... Through the rediculiously high priced plans.

There are issues at every telco, All of them. 

This is a discount option. 

I wish you didn't have issues, but it is what it is. I had an issue with my account and it was resolved the same day. They get busy when unexpected things happen...

We are also living inside a forum dedicated to ISSUES... It gives the impression that the sky is falling, when in reality it isn't. No one comes in here to chat about how great things are, they need assistance. You don't see the 10's of thousands of people out there with fully functioning devices and accounts.

Bottom line, to save money this day and age, things need to be cut. Phone support for PM  is one of these things.

Good luck, and I hope they reach out to you soon!

Need Help? Let's chat.