cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consequences of the new system and compensations

BuzzBee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I broke/lost my SIM card, and then ask for a new one, in the pre-self-serve system days, I could go to a Public Mobile store and  be back online within hours, thus experiencing minimal interruption in the service I am subscribed too. The small delay I would experience, being my own fault, becomes the consequence of whatever negligence of mine led to said break/loss.

But in the self-serve system, a system which previous PM users have luckily/unluckily been thrust into, a replacement SIM will be recieved in days, perhaps even over a week. 

I am a strong believer in being held accountable for ones actions, but we are now talking about an interruption in service in the order of 7%-28% of your billable month because you have no alternative but to fill out a form and wait at home. This is particularly critical if your phone service plays a role in your livelihood. That is to say nothing of the possibility of lost mail

In such a case, shouldn't Public Mobile, at least during the next few months as this transition goes on, compensate users for this time of interrupted service? I am ONLY validating this question by the fact that previous Public mobile users signed up for a service with the understanding that when things go awry, the local shop can help them out; a situation no longer possible.

Would sincerely like to hear thoughts and opinions. Thank you.

(ps. yes I am asking because I am in this boat, though my question is perhaps more philosophical than for any ulterior motive of "getting my money back")

7 REPLIES 7

I have NOT had any issues so far

PM is GREAT

bilal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Agreed and situation that needs to be addressed.

@BuzzBee wrote:

... Losing or breaking a SIM card once in 3 years is not THAT bad right?

That is a very good customer !

BuzzBee

Public Mobile SIM card dispensers/Vending machines? located at the local Telus kiosk/store? Only need to be refilled once in awhile, with possibility of auto count of remaining cards in each size, all accessible on the net so you can check availability from home AND so the company can manage stock from afar.

Heck, I know the replacement service is being offered free right now by Public mobile (which is nice because I think other carriers charge don't they?) but I would pay a reasonable amount and/or travel a ways to get one faster (in fact I did! chasing down ghost locations still present on Google maps... wild goose chase that was!)

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Agree there needs to be a way for current customers to get replacement SIMs much faster especially as more us of ditch land lines. It's not only a lost/damaged SIM that leads to this need but also the phones as well.

What if PM permitted everyone a spare? Not only would help this situation but also could make it easy for us to 'donate' cards to friends to reduce their wait tiome to join; even after PM is out of beta.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

BuzzBee

Oh, also, (relevant or not, you be the judge!) in the given scenario, said customer has been with the company for over 3 years. Losing or breaking a SIM card once in 3 years is not THAT bad right?

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@BuzzBee,

That are good questions to ask !

@Mansi_G,

Can we have your opinions?

Need Help? Let's chat.