cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing Transaction History

texwood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've just ported my number last night (over from Telus) so I'm still getting my feet wet.  However I notice that the transaction history is very confusing.

PM_Billing.JPG

The balance column does not seem to make a lot of sense.  For example: for line 2, how can a charge of $15 result in $0 balance?

My suggestion is to rearrange in the order that matches service/credit/payment as advertised and described.  For example:

1. 90-day pass - debit: $25 (balance: $25)
  2. unlimited prov. talk - debit: $51 (balance: $76)
  3. unlimited global text - debit: $45 (balance: $121)
  4. 12GB data - debit $125 (balance: $246)
  5. Fall 2016 Promo - credit $126 (balance: $120)
  6. Credit payment - credit $120 (balance: $0)

That would make much more sense.  (Addtional credits will go between #5 and #6; I added a LD bucket thus there is an extra $15 in my payment shown in the screen cap.)

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@texwood please see here, I break it all down:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Mobile-Website-Changes/m-p/18323...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

More_Chaos

@Lumute wrote:

Bottom up does make a lot more sense, if only they would use the negative sign to show negative balances...

Yes! this is what I was looking to suggest before the Public Lab gets removed! Or brackets around negative balances to show credit vs debit. I wished everything wasn't shown as a positive in the balance column...

texwood

Perhaps the website designers can make "bottom up" order the default view to reduct the confusion a bit (not totally but at least a bit better?)

Lumute
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bottom up does make a lot more sense, if only they would use the negative sign to show negative balances...

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @texwood, I agree that the transaction history is fairly confusing as it is.

Read the statement from the bottom up and it will make more sense. 

In your example, line 3 ended with a balance of $15. Then the $15 was debited for the long distance talk add-on.. bringing the balance to 0.  

Need Help? Let's chat.