cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliments on PM Moderator messaging

Barth
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is a compliment for Public Mobile because we've all seen new members struggling to wrap their heads around the PM support strategy. I feel new members' pain, but ...

By way of explanation, I decided to call Koodo this morning to get a phone unlocked. I bought the used phone from my son, after he bought a new one a few months ago. (I do understand that Koodo locked phones should work for PM accounts.)

Koodo's website says call support to unlock their phone. After I went through the menu system, the robot informed me that people were busy and hung up. The robot did not allow me to leave a message; nor did the robot suggest another option. I really wished that I could have sent a message to a Koodo moderator. 

Conversely, I have had occasion to contact a moderator twice since I became a member. I received efficient help both times.

17 REPLIES 17

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren I would not call it stealing but more a collaboration.

srlawren

@koimr1 wrote:

@StephanieH: Check out @srlawren's post, it's got everything you need! (good job, sir!)

@koimr1 full credit to folks I have stolen elements of mine from, including @ShawnC13 and  most recently @mimmo.  

@koimr1 wrote:

@StephanieH: What is your issue, anyway? Maybe one of us here can help you with it. I'd suggest you start a new topic but eh - if here's easier then go for it.

@StephanieH have you been able to get any help?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@StephanieH: Check out @srlawren's post, it's got everything you need! (good job, sir!)

Also, if you've been with PM since they started and only just now need help then that's a pretty good record. 🙂

What is your issue, anyway? Maybe one of us here can help you with it. I'd suggest you start a new topic but eh - if here's easier then go for it.

srlawren

@StephanieH if you are trying to figure out how to get help from the moderators, please check out this info:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Barth

@StephanieH, I'll help if I can.

You can confidently open a new thread if you think that someone from the community might be able to answer your question. Really friendly bunch here.

Alternatively, you can directly message the @CS_Agent for assistance to get help with your account.

Whatever you do, boldly ask questions and keep talking. There are a lot of people—me included—that want your PM account to work for you.

I'll watch for your next post.

StephanieH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been trying figure  out these forums going in a loop Of the same posts over and over for over an hour. They get ZERO  compliment from me. I've been with pm since the started in Toronto but am thinking of switching providers because I can't navigate this ridiculous moderator bull****. Bring back the call centre. Or at least make the site easier to navigate.

Clefort88
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I am so happy to see a positive post about the help here!
I’ve made a few myself and I’m glad to see someone else praising the mod team too!! 😊😍

@MoreYummy wrote:

@LudditeArent those phone from koodoo work on public mobile , since they are on same network?

@MoreYummy Yes, Koodo/Telus phones work on Public Mobile. Some people still prefer to have them unlocked to use while travelling, or if they find a better deal elsewhere.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@LudditeArent those phone from koodoo work on public mobile , since they are on same network?

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Great to hear some positive feedback.  Thanks for sharing.

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great to hear! 🙂

Michael77

Yes, the Moderators are great. 🙂

Barth

Thanks, @Luddite. (Support from the Oracles is key for this community.) I also found the same solution from three weeks, initiated by @smp99

I am literally rubbing my hands with glee that PM is willing to complete the unlock for me. 

srlawren

We do love our @CS_Agent!  Woohooo!  🙂

If you are using that Koodo phone on Public Mobile, they will unlock it for you; no charge. Just send the IMEI number, and your PM phone number, by private message to the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

closng

Agreed.

All of the Moderators on Public Mobile are knowledgeable and experienced individuals, whereas, with other companies, you would have to explain your issue multiple times (and multiple holds) before they actually understand what your issue is.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Barth, I cannot agree more.  Talking to call centre staff is totally overrated.  I purchased a phone from Koodo a week ago and got to experience what it's like to work with a service that has a call centre to back up the self serve portal.  I totally did not enjoy listening to elevator music for an hour waiting for my turn in the queue.  In fact my wait was so long that I managed to figure out the solution to my problem before reaching an agent.  Desperation sets in when waiting forever and the ingenuity gears start to turn, lol. 

Need Help? Let's chat.