cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community website sucks

Leaving
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I typed out a long question and now it's gone.

28 REPLIES 28

@Leaving  It did not then appear in your drafts? With the exception of private messages any post started but abandoned for whatever reason should appear in the draft section of your profile intact. It may be missing the last 9 or 10 words you typed but otherwise complete.

Leaving

@darlicious wrote:

@Leaving  When a post disappears it will usually go to one of two places. Either in your profile.... scroll down about 3/4 of the way down on the left opposite of your photos section you will find your drafts.

If your post disappears when you post then it's caught the *poof* the magic dragon disappearing post bug. This is the spam filter and the post will go to your unmoderated items section. The link was supplied to you earlier in this thread by @ChuckYeah . These items cannot be posted as is or by editing. However you can post it by taking a screenshot and posting that.

I didn't hit the post button. I minimized my mobile browser by going to an app. When I tried to find the reply window & the corresponding tab, it was gone.

From now on, I will hit post and edit my reply if I need to change something. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected

@webbeyes  Try the above link for your missing post. These cannot be reposted only screenshot it and post that. If you want to avoid  this from happening type in the search bar *poof * the magic dragon disappearing post bug***a solution for a cure....then you can read bout how to avoid future missing posts. I havent had one disappear since......

webbeyes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Too bad - I had typed out a really long answer for it 🙂

@Leaving  When a post disappears it will usually go to one of two places. Either in your profile.... scroll down about 3/4 of the way down on the left opposite of your photos section you will find your drafts.

If your post disappears when you post then it's caught the *poof* the magic dragon disappearing post bug. This is the spam filter and the post will go to your unmoderated items section. The link was supplied to you earlier in this thread by @ChuckYeah . These items cannot be posted as is or by editing. However you can post it by taking a screenshot and posting that.

Yes @CannonFodder, vacation plus recovery time. Almost back to normal now.

@ChuckYeah  On a whole other topic, just outta curiosity, is it just me, or have you been M.I.A. lately? 🤔 

Paulleewogg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Spoiler

Thanks guys...found it!

@Paulleewogg wrote:

I have to agree with the feelings of the original poster. I have used multiple forums over the years in regards to several hobbies. I have never seen one this confusing.

For instance...I have a couple questions on an unrelated matter to this poster. I have used search and found nothing relevant. How on earth do you actually post a new question on this forum? I know there's a way but I'll be d#mned if I can find it. I have asked a question before, shortly after I first joined, but I cant find the tab to take me to the page to type out my questions now. Any help would be appreciated. 

@Paulleewogg  top left click browse..select what section fits your question....once that page loads. You will see "Ask a question".

@Paulleewogg Click on browse, select the appropriate category and then click Ask a question!screenshot-productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca-2020.02.05-18_43_40.png

@Leaving wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Leaving wrote:

@Leaving  That happens if you edit your post multiple times in a very short period of time.

You can submit a ticket to the moderators and ask them to release it from the spam queue.

Hmmmmmm...I thought it was from leaving the page.

I am using the site on my phone so when I left the page by clicking a button to go to one of my apps, when I returned to the browser and the tab on the Public Mobile page, I expected to see the same page with my incomplete question. 

Okay, I wasn't aware of that information when I posted my response.  Is it possible you inadvertently closed the tab?  If you're not in incognito mode, then it might be in your history still, though I'm not too sure about that either..

Paulleewogg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have to agree with the feelings of the original poster. I have used multiple forums over the years in regards to several hobbies. I have never seen one this confusing.

For instance...I have a couple questions on an unrelated matter to this poster. I have used search and found nothing relevant. How on earth do you actually post a new question on this forum? I know there's a way but I'll be d#mned if I can find it. I have asked a question before, shortly after I first joined, but I cant find the tab to take me to the page to type out my questions now. Any help would be appreciated. 

@Leaving wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Leaving wrote:

@Leaving  That happens if you edit your post multiple times in a very short period of time.

You can submit a ticket to the moderators and ask them to release it from the spam queue.

I am using the site on my phone so when I left the page by clicking a button to go to one of my apps, when I returned to the browser and the tab on the Public Mobile page, I expected to see the same page with my incomplete question. 

@Leaving  What happens if you hit the browser's back button?

Leaving

@geopublic wrote:

@Leaving wrote:

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Leaving wrote:

Leaving

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Leaving If your $35 is in your additional funds and the plan your on is $40, PM will charge $5 plus tax on your credit card if you have one on file and you are on autopay.

Yes. That's what I expect to happen.  I just wanted confirmation.  Except, I think it will be a bit more like $38 and change because of the tax charged

I made sure there's enough and more (I use the KOHO credit card for my payments).

P.S. I should have just used the term, additional funds in my question. Thanks. 😕

Leaving

@Jb456 wrote:

Click your badge top right..select my profile.scroll down to drafts..check if it's there.

I don't see drafts anywhere. This is the worst site/forum I have ever used.

It doesn't help that I am forced to use my phone.  I 'left' the screen to check something and the tab in which I was typing the question was gone. I was still logged in but that page was gone.

@Leaving If your $35 is in your additional funds and the plan your on is $40, PM will charge $5 plus tax on your credit card if you have one on file and you are on autopay.

@Leaving hells yes

@Leaving wrote:

Ok. Short version of question. I received $35 because someone signed up then cancelled. 'Got a better deal to stay with their previous Mobile provider. 

I am the beneficiary of $35 towards my monthly payment. 

So will Public Mobile use that and the rest from autopay?

E.g. $35 + 7.94 (on credit card via autopay)?

Geez, I better send this post now. 

Leaving

Ok. Short version of question. I received $35 because someone signed up then cancelled. 'Got a better deal to stay with their previous Mobile provider. 

I am the beneficiary of $35 towards my monthly payment. 

So will Public Mobile use that and the rest from autopay?

E.g. $35 + 7.94 (on credit card via autopay)?

Geez, I better send this post now. 

@Leaving why not?  😎. Think of all the practice you are getting 👍

@Leaving wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@Leaving what was the question?

@Leaving wrote:

LOL. You think I am going to type it all out again?!?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Leaving wrote:

Did you try to edit too quickly, usually that is know to make posts disappear.  It happens to all of on more than one occasion, I might add:)  As mentioned check under your profile and it may still be there. 

Check here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected

Maybe you could copy and paste some parts of it assuming it ended up there. Sad to see you are @Leaving .

Click your badge top right..select my profile.scroll down to drafts..check if it's there.

Leaving

@gblackma wrote:

@Leaving wrote:

LOL. You think I am going to type it all out again?!?

Leaving

@NDesai wrote:

@Leaving Go to your profile page and see if it was saved as a draft. 

Nope. 😞

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Leaving Go to your profile page and see if it was saved as a draft. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Leaving wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.