cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Community Technical Issues

Thank you @David_J for taking the time to enable "Latest Posts" and "Top Bravoed Posts". But it is not what i expected Smiley Sad

The "Latest Posts" widget is exactly the same as "All Posts" i linked in one of my previous post. You told us that the "Latest Posts" widget is different from the "All Posts", but when i click on the "Latest Posts", it takes me to the exact same link as the "All Posts" link.

Additionally, it displays every single reply separately including replies from the same topic. If there is 5 quick replies in a topic, all those replies are shown with the same topic title. Here is a screenshot of how replies in a same topic is displayed under "Latest Posts":

Spoiler
latestpost.JPG

As you can see that the topic, "Re: A letter from Dave on the infamous $40 for 4GB..." is repeated multiple times. The problem here is that one hot topic with many replies would take away all the space in the widget and barely leave any room to display other replies posted in different topics. What i expected is that the widget should combine all new replies from the same topic and only display the topic once. Just like how "New Posts" works in forums, it should just bump up a topic, but not all replies with multiple lines of the same topic's title. We already have this functionality in place, but it is only enabled in all boards/sections (i.e. Announcements, Discussions, Retail, etc.). A reply in a topic bumps up the topic at the top. But this way of browsing the community is barely used because it requires users to browse multiple boards to view more topics/replies. So I would like to have something exactly like that with all topics combined together from all boards/sections.

Another problem is a possibility of missing some replies because user will likely to click on the latest one that redirects to the very last post. This requires users to figure out what other posts were missed/unread. If we had the Jump to first unread post working in those widgets, it would solve a problem to figure out which reply was not read before reading other new replies.  

As for the "Top Bravoed Posts" configuration to display last 6 months, I found a settings under my profile (My Settings > Preferences > Bravos). Under Top Bravoed Posts component, these are the following options users can select, and it actually works Smiley Happy 

•  The last 24 hours
  •  The last 7 days
  •  The last 30 days
  •  The last 6 months
  •  The last year
  •  All time - Include all Bravos
  •  Use default (The last 6 months)

I really want the Jump to First unread post access enabled on the home page widgets. It seems to work when a topic is selected from a board/section, but it would be nice to enable on the home page widgets. 

I don't really know about the range of possibilities to enable features on the Lithium layout. But i am sure i am asking for a lot and unsure if all would be possible with this community layout. I appreciate if you can look further to enable what i am asking as it would be beneficial to all community members. Smiley Happy

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Oracle

Forgot to mention about the other issue i experienced with the new quoting feature where uernames are automatically tagged. To best explain the issue, let me give you an example. Let say i quoted someone which now automatically tags the username inside the quote that results into sending a tag notification. Now, the reply that includes someone's quote is quoted in a different post. So more like a quote of a quote (quote>reply, quote(quote>reply) >reply). This results into tagging the both usernames inside those quotes. Additionally, if someone quotes a reply that included a tag is also results into tagging the tagged user again. 

I think i am not making any sense lol. Someone who kinda understands what i am taking about and experienced it throughout the last couple of days can try explaining it better. 

EDIT: After testing this, it seems like whenever an active tag in a post is quoted in another post, that tag is considered as active inside a quote and sends a notification. 

@David_J I have moved the test posts into Oracle boards for your review: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Oracle-Archive/Tag-notification-test/m-p/221440

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Mayor / Maire

@NDesai

Your pain is understandable, I'm finding this Lithium forum software a little cantankerous to work with, too ... very finicky about html/bbcode parsing, the syntax is just slightly nonstandard enough to require special attention.

I wonder (not at all seriously) if this tags-referencing-tags-referencing-tags thing could be weaponized and turned recursive, lol.

Mayor / Maire

@NDesaiwrote:

EDIT: After testing this, it seems like whenever an active tag in a post is quoted in another post, that tag is considered as active inside a quote and sends a notification. 

@David_J I have moved the test posts into Oracle boards for your review: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Oracle-Archive/Tag-notification-test/m-p/221440

Ah, I see. That's why my stats and post history are screwed up, moving posts to a locked section means everything involved with them never existed.

Mayor / Maire

I've noticed that user avatars/names aren't followed by the titles or images (oracle star, "MOD" box, etc) on all threads.  On most threads, actually, I recalled seeing this forum-specific feature long ago but not any time recently, I came to this thread to suggest it be re-added and see that it's already in place, lol.  But here's one example of a thread where (on my browsers) it looks broken.

Mayor / Maire

Got another potential forum bug ... I've seen some threads like this one which have posts dated in late-2018 ... and it is still only early 2018, I hope ...

And perhaps yet another bug ... I have a "2 Anniversary / Anniversaire" badge (yay!) which I think should only be a "1 Anniversary / Anniversaire" (since I will be completing my second full year with PM next month).  Loyalty rewards seem to be applied accurately, $3 each 90-day cycle (including the time my service was suspended, haha).  But snooping around, I see this Anniversary Badge "bug" on lots of other member profiles.

(Still got some weirdness with other rewards, I think the one Referral Reward on my account is often incorrectly applied, but that's not forum-related and I'm not gonna waste time arguing over a puny number of dollars.)

Mayor / Maire

@Korthwrote:

Got another potential forum bug ... I've seen some threads like this one which have posts dated in late-2018 ... and it is still only early 2018, I hope ...

And perhaps yet another bug ... I have a "2 Anniversary / Anniversaire" badge (yay!) which I think should only be a "1 Anniversary / Anniversaire" (since I will be completing my second full year with PM next month).  Loyalty rewards seem to be applied accurately, $3 each 90-day cycle (including the time my service was suspended, haha).  But snooping around, I see this Anniversary Badge "bug" on lots of other member profiles.

(Still got some weirdness with other rewards, I think the one Referral Reward on my account is often incorrectly applied, but that's not forum-related and I'm not gonna waste time arguing over a puny number of dollars.)

Dates in the thread linked display properly on my screen in the MM-DD-YYYY format.

I'm quite sure that anniversary badges are to honour the "new" Public Mobile launch (or was it the launch of the community?) - if you were a community member at the time the badge was set up you got one. Not sure if @Brooke_C will continue @Jeremy_M's tradition but we would come up to a badge commemorating the 3rd anniversary soon.

Your community account has no access to your self serve account information and therefore cannot "know" when/if you signed up as a Public Mobile customer (which is reflected in the loyalty reward).

Mayor / Maire

My Settings / Preferences / Display for "Date display format" = (non-Default) "dd-MM-yyyy" ... I changed it back to Default, then back to my preference ... the compared the before/after tabs I opened on that linked thread ... problem "solved", lol, could've been a bug in my browser cache or something?

Oracle

@Korthwrote:

My Settings / Preferences / Display for "Date display format" = (non-Default) "dd-MM-yyyy" ... I changed it back to Default, then back to my preference ... the compared the before/after tabs I opened on that linked thread ... problem "solved", lol, could've been a bug in my browser cache or something?

I just tested that as i thought of a settings in our profile before replying the solution but you figured it out Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

@Korthwrote: 

And thank you for the "2 Anniversary / Anniversaire" badge

So now I've been with PM for two full years.  I now have a "3 Anniversary" badge, along with my "2 Anniversary" badge.  Never got a "1 Anniversary" badge, lol.  Just a badging issue, it seems that my Loyalty Rewards have (so far) been applied correctly throughout my billing history.  It almost makes me suspect the badge graphics have the wrong filenames, lol.

I've also noticed that the My Rewards overview in Self-Serve summarizes numbers which look suspiciously inaccurate, at least for Loyalty and Refer A Friend.  Although, again, it seems that these Rewards have (so far) been applied correctly throughout my billing history.