cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Public Mobile

Re: Community Technical Issues

Guilty as charged. We also updated the header to align with publicmobile.ca.

Thanks for the feedback.

Oracle

@David_Jwrote:

Not implemented yet - would look to put it up later this week. Plan would be to keep both Latest Posts and Latest Topics during the test.

Any progress on this?

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Mayor / Maire

A trivial issue ...

Clicking on the badges in the /badges/userbadgespage/ makes them disappear.  It's just a cosmetic thing, they reappear after refreshing the page.

And thank you for the "2 Anniversary / Anniversaire" badge, I haven't gotten a little cake with two candles on it for well ... uh ... a "long" time (I don't really wanna talk about it, lol).

Public Mobile

Looking at the layout of the page right now with the team - because the addition of Latest Posts mean the layout leaves an unused portion of the page, we are reviewing what would be useful to insert into that space.

David_J
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Below are two recent topics on "reaching the limit of private messages":

- "Limit of Private Messages"

- "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try aga...

One limit was reached (maybe both) while a member was attempting to contact the moderators.

Is this limit an example of a community technical issue?

Mayor / Maire

We always have the option of deleting old private messages, clearing up the box.  A bit of a hassle if one wants to keep old messages around as a record for tracking past service/billing issues, but "important" stuff can be saved by screen capture or printed as hardcopy.

Or at least we should always have that option.  Resolving any forum software bugs in this area (if there are any) would be a good move.

Oracle

@David_Jwrote:
Looking at the layout of the page right now with the team - because the addition of Latest Posts mean the layout leaves an unused portion of the page, we are reviewing what would be useful to insert into that space.

David_J

Why is this taking so long? It's just a temporary test. Even if you leave unused portion as blank, not a big deal. What if you were to replace "Top Bravoed Authors" or "New Solutions" with Latest Posts? 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Oracle

@David_J Still no Latest Post widget added to the community. Is there any problem? 

Did you hear back from Lithium regarding quote issue and jump to first post not working from widgets?

EDIT: Looks like the auto tagging with quote is now fixed. Thanks David. 

Public Mobile

Hi @NDesai - sorry for the delay in changing the Community landing page. I have added 'Latest Posts' and 'Top Bravoed Posts' under 'Latest Topics' and 'Top Bravoed Authors'.

I am currently configuring the 'Top Bravoed Posts' as I would like to have it display the last 6 months (currently it is displaying last 30 days).

Let me know your thoughts.

David_J

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@David_J,  Really like the new / extra info now on the landing page.  Really like the addition of the latest postes section.  Much easier to see exactly what new messages have been posted, regardless of where, and how old the original topic is.

However, given the massive upheaval about toaday's 25% price increase, I suspect very few will notice.