cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Community Technical Issues

@ApatheticFloW  Good point and since this is under the community technical issues thread this would fall under the category of an easy fix. So if I mention @Alan_K  that the rewording of an "expired password reset" instead of "wrong info" would go a long way in preventing confusion and perhaps a blurb in the help articles about expiration times of password resets would help educate users in this matter. Very happy you have finally resolved your issue with the help of the community and the moderators.

Public Mobile

@darlicious wrote:

@ApatheticFloW  Good point and since this is under the community technical issues thread this would fall under the category of an easy fix. So if I mention @Alan_K  that the rewording of an "expired password reset" instead of "wrong info" would go a long way in preventing confusion and perhaps a blurb in the help articles about expiration times of password resets would help educate users in this matter. Very happy you have finally resolved your issue with the help of the community and the moderators.

I like this idea a lot @darlicious ! I agree a better error message could have prevented this from happening.

I will pass this off to my team to see if it can be done.

@Alan_K 

Also, after I had mentioned numerous times to several mods that the security answer isn't working and how I assumed I answered it properly I just noticed after finally being able to log into self-serve that the reason my answer never worked was precisely what darlicious said it could be and that was the fact that I had entered the wrong year by accident. I'm surprised that not one mod took the time, or even noticed that my security answer was wrong and warn me that the year I'm entering is different from what's on file this way I would of known from the get go why it didn't work in the first place.. I typed 1923 by accident instead of the proper year so a typo basically prevented me from being able to reset my pw. I recommend that just like when we confirm our email address we must enter it twice. Perhaps you can implement the same thing so that we must enter our security answer twice to prevent typos from happening by accident.

@Alan_K wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

I like this idea a lot @darlicious ! I agree a better error message could have prevented this from happening.

I will pass this off to my team to see if it can be done.

Thanks @Alan_K  I appreciate that you are actively listening to the members of the community and consider our feedback on a daily basis of ways to improve the public mobile site and make it more user friendly. Sometimes it's the little things that can make the biggest difference.

@ApatheticFloW  Excellent point it didn't even occur to me that would solve the issue of numerical answers in the security question rather than choosing a question that doesn't require a numerical answer. Again I'm happy my suggestion gave you the ability to access your account. I know the amount of times I'm texting on my tiny keyboard on my phone to look up at the text to see a bunch of gobblygook. And I seem to constantly add c, v or b instead of a space in my posts. And we know not to edit our posts too much or *poof* they will just disappear! I have certainly noticed that by tagging @Alan_K  when I think an important point needs to be made usually from a customer  service standpoint that he is very good listening to the feedback and implementing it where or when it is appropriate. I can tell you that never happens when your on the phone with a customer service agent at other providers.