cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Community Technical Issues

@David_Jwrote:

1. The "jump to first unread post" in a topic thread is actually working as expected now. Previously, this feature was being introduced into other components unintentionally. This is why users were seeing this behaviour in other discussions types; it was actually the behaviour of the bug. The new behaviour you reported is due to fixing the bug and is the intended behaviour.

Let me know if you have feedback - I'll update the third point when I receive information.

David_J

Thank you for the update. 

I actually liked the bug you mentioned that allowed us to jump to first unread post from Latest Topics. It is currently working if we select topics from specific boards. But as long as i know, most users browse the community from Latest Topic or All Posts boards. It would be nice if you/Lithium can enable this again. Otherwise, when we see that there is a new post we haven't read, it's hard to determine which post(s) were the new ones we haven't read. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Oracle

@David_J I know we have asked for Latest Post before, but not sure why it was removed. Is it possible for you to enable Latest Post section similar to this one but all replies in the same topics are combined as one topic? Also, can we have the Users online sidebar enabled again? 

When the new community layout was launched, many users including me complained about the white space on every posts. Is this something you can reduce to shrink a single post size? May be by shrinking the tag section, it will allow more words to fit on a single line and this might shrink the whole post size.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Public Mobile

@NDesai - thanks for the suggestions

1. All posts - the link you showed me is a page which displays all the unviewed posts (and it's a great view to see all that is going on), slightly different from a widget/component which would fit on our homepage template. We are currently displaying the 'Latest Topics' widget, and there is a stock out of the box 'Latest Posts' that could be inserted into the homepage. Maybe try this as a 2 week test and see what the feedback is?

2. Online users - Unfortunately the widget which was on the old design of our Community called 'Users Online' doesn't work within the new responsive design. There is a 'User Online Count' widget, but I don't think that does what you're looking for.

Let me know if you have additional feedback.

David_J

Oracle

@David_Jwrote:

@NDesai - thanks for the suggestions

1. All posts - the link you showed me is a page which displays all the unviewed posts (and it's a great view to see all that is going on), slightly different from a widget/component which would fit on our homepage template. We are currently displaying the 'Latest Topics' widget, and there is a stock out of the box 'Latest Posts' that could be inserted into the homepage. Maybe try this as a 2 week test and see what the feedback is?

Let me know if you have additional feedback.

David_J

Sure I would like to test that stock Latest Post widget. Have you enabled already? If yes, I don't see it. Is it possible to keep Latest Topic along with this test of Latest Post? I don't want other users to complaint about missing Latest Topics widget.

Public Mobile

Not implemented yet - would look to put it up later this week. Plan would be to keep both Latest Posts and Latest Topics during the test.

Mayor / Maire

@David_J did you update the community font today?  It looks nice!  Bolder and easier to read.  Also much easier to visually pick out read vs. unread threads and forums with unread topics in the main listing.  I like it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

@srlawrenwrote:

@David_J did you update the community font today?  It looks nice!  Bolder and easier to read.  Also much easier to visually pick out read vs. unread threads and forums with unread topics in the main listing.  I like it.

Pretty big to me. I think it's a bug. 

Mayor / Maire

@NDesai easier on the eyes!  I had the community zoomed to 110% before but can put it back to 100% now.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren, I've just signed on again today, and I thought I was dreaming.

This is SOOOOO Much better for me to read.  WOW... A win for the visually challenged guy!

@David_J, if it wasn't you, I'm sure it's someone on your team --- THANKS!!!

Oracle

They also updated the menu buttons up top to match the main PM site. 

Thanks David and the team. Keep at it!