cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Community Technical Issues

@Alan_K, @David_J 

So I think I figured out the quoting problem I had earlier. I can quote a text post but not a post with an image.

@David_J 

Today, I have been unable to edit some messages that contain attached pictures.  When you go to make an edit, message window is blank.  If you do try to replace the messages by typing over it and then clicking on "post", it will say that it was done sucessfully, but the original messgae will still be there as well.

Just as @z10user4, I'm also having difficulty quoting similar messages.  It isn't working.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have seen it seems like a glitch.  I try to reply or quote a reply, then it gets posted as a S

Any ideas why this happens? I have seen the same S in other posts also

Mayor / Maire

@YVREmpty Message bodies (whether people deleted it afterwards or not) will have S

appended to the end of the title

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm not sure that this is the appropriate place to report that I'm having some technical issues with these forums. I posted a question to the getting started forum, but it seems to have vanished in the wind. Another forum user mentioned it to me in dm, so I've re-posted it, and it again seems to have vanished. They mentioned that it's possible this is due to quickly editing a post, but I never changed the post after its initial posting. 

Intruigingly, I can still find the posts here and here. Can anyone offer any insight into this issue?

Mayor / Maire

@djkorchiYour 2 links renders as Message not found for me.

Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 10.11.04 PM.png

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@djkorchi wrote:

Hi, I'm not sure that this is the appropriate place to report that I'm having some technical issues with these forums. I posted a question to the getting started forum, but it seems to have vanished in the wind. Another forum user mentioned it to me in dm, so I've re-posted it, and it again seems to have vanished. They mentioned that it's possible this is due to quickly editing a post, but I never changed the post after its initial posting. 

Intruigingly, I can still find the posts here and here. Can anyone offer any insight into this issue?

I had this issue the other day where as my post to announcements : community rewards disappeared about an hour after posting with only one spelling mistake edit...also noticed another post a couple of weeks ago disappeared from the same category. @will13am  responded to my post saying too many icons etc triggers the spam filter?

Mayor / Maire

I've been experiencing sluggish response from the PM Community site for a few weeks. I usually have to submit a new post several times before it's accepted - since it reverts the (plaintext without fornatting) to some sort of FrankenLithium pseudo-html script. I usually have to clipboard edited text and retry a few times - since it just hangs the page indefinitely (without posting changes) until close the tab.

And Self-Serve is of course glacial in every way possible. (As it always has been, but at least it still works without freezing or timeouts.)

I thought this was all somehow caused by mobile browsing or by the garbage Google software on my device. But it seems evident the PM sites are breaking down and in dire need of maintenance.

I can say that I've already been unable to gain referrals because they aren't confident PM will be reliable whenever they actually have problems which require support - they chose Lucky, Lucky, Fido, and Freedom - and I don't fault their decisions since PM only provides a peer-driven support model running on a cantankerous half-broken website. Hope it all gets fixed up because we pay less for no frills at PM but we're also at the point where we can pay less to get essential frills at competing services. 

Public Mobile

Hi all, I am also seeing an issue with quoting messages and will share with Lithium- stay tuned.

@mimmo We added a direct link this morning to Help Articles.

Oracle

@Alan_K  great  to see. Might be asking too much but anyway to have them automatically expanded rather than closed when using the link?