Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Technical Issues

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hey Community, 

From time to time Lithium, our community platform, updates the system and causes some issues that changes how we interact with this community. Issues such as users are not receiving community notifications OR users are not being redirected to the first unread post. These examples might change the way we browse this community.

Use this topic to discuss and report any Community related issues. Out staff member, @David_J, will use this to track all reported issues. Let's help him to make this community even better. 

Thank you. 

502 REPLIES 502

@computergeek541  Yup, I was going to start a thread titled, "Public Mobile, WHERE is my Quote button!?"

Was thinking that MAYBE PM wanted to cut down some post sizes, where they get quite large, due to the size of some quotes of quotes, BUT without it, some threads can get rather convoluted, with people replying to messages, but many of us wondering who their replies were directed at, given that there's no quote, and leaving us no context.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And what's with the blue text of the subject line?

I'm stil having issues with almost every category lit up as having unread messages when there are none.  I also believe that mark all messages as read upon logout option is still not working.

Today, I have notice that there is no quote option when replying to messages.

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

all good resolved from last week

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Heart

_Naren
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Everything is perfect as of now!

Chichi85
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Saaaame

@ApatheticFloW  Excellent point it didn't even occur to me that would solve the issue of numerical answers in the security question rather than choosing a question that doesn't require a numerical answer. Again I'm happy my suggestion gave you the ability to access your account. I know the amount of times I'm texting on my tiny keyboard on my phone to look up at the text to see a bunch of gobblygook. And I seem to constantly add c, v or b instead of a space in my posts. And we know not to edit our posts too much or *poof* they will just disappear! I have certainly noticed that by tagging @Alan_K  when I think an important point needs to be made usually from a customer  service standpoint that he is very good listening to the feedback and implementing it where or when it is appropriate. I can tell you that never happens when your on the phone with a customer service agent at other providers.

@Alan_K wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@ApatheticFloW  Good point and since this is under the community technical issues thread this would fall under the category of an easy fix. So if I mention @Alan_K  that the rewording of an "expired password reset" instead of "wrong info" would go a long way in preventing confusion and perhaps a blurb in the help articles about expiration times of password resets would help educate users in this matter. Very happy you have finally resolved your issue with the help of the community and the moderators.

I like this idea a lot @darlicious ! I agree a better error message could have prevented this from happening.

I will pass this off to my team to see if it can be done.

Thanks @Alan_K  I appreciate that you are actively listening to the members of the community and consider our feedback on a daily basis of ways to improve the public mobile site and make it more user friendly. Sometimes it's the little things that can make the biggest difference.

ApatheticFloW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Alan_K 

Also, after I had mentioned numerous times to several mods that the security answer isn't working and how I assumed I answered it properly I just noticed after finally being able to log into self-serve that the reason my answer never worked was precisely what darlicious said it could be and that was the fact that I had entered the wrong year by accident. I'm surprised that not one mod took the time, or even noticed that my security answer was wrong and warn me that the year I'm entering is different from what's on file this way I would of known from the get go why it didn't work in the first place.. I typed 1923 by accident instead of the proper year so a typo basically prevented me from being able to reset my pw. I recommend that just like when we confirm our email address we must enter it twice. Perhaps you can implement the same thing so that we must enter our security answer twice to prevent typos from happening by accident.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@ApatheticFloW  Good point and since this is under the community technical issues thread this would fall under the category of an easy fix. So if I mention @Alan_K  that the rewording of an "expired password reset" instead of "wrong info" would go a long way in preventing confusion and perhaps a blurb in the help articles about expiration times of password resets would help educate users in this matter. Very happy you have finally resolved your issue with the help of the community and the moderators.

I like this idea a lot @darlicious ! I agree a better error message could have prevented this from happening.

I will pass this off to my team to see if it can be done.

ApatheticFloW

Finally I have access.

So, I guess at this point I'd like to apologise to the community and the mods for indicating that I've had it and unless this gets resolved I'd switch companies, well naturally if I cant get into my account, but not as an ultimatum so ya sorry for coming accross as a moron.

That being said, I guess it had to do with the fact that each time I attempted to log in with new pw it was always after 24 hrs had passed which is why it never worked because it expired before I could log in. That was obviously my fault. I'm just glad I can log into self-serve now and I'm adding minutes.

Thx for everyone who chimed in trying to help and thanks to all the mods who responded to my request in a timely manner and ultimately got it done.

VERY HAPPY PUBLIC MOBILE CUSTOMER !!!

'RESOLVED'

@darlicious 

Once a mod resets my password if I don't log in within 24 hrs it automaticslly expires and that was what was going on each and everytime. I failed to log in in time so when I did it said wrong info. What it should of said was the password expired and not wrong info.

@ApatheticFloW  Are you questioning whether the password reset expires between 12-24hrs? As in you don't ltry to log in before that time? Sorry if I've misunderstood the context here. The moderators do a reset for you but you don't log in for 12 hrs? Am i confused here? A regular window for a password reset is 2 hours. The complaint from users normally is that the email takes so long that it often expires before they have a chance to use the reset. Versus the mod sending you a msg and within a half hour say...you attempt to use the reset and it does not work.

Just one more note on the numerical answer I'm not suggesting that it's a pm issue just that making an error and not noticing it is more likely than poor spelling. Have you tried a slight change in the year? If the answer is 1942. Have you tried 1842, 1952, 1932 etc....

ApatheticFloW

@darlicious 

They have reset it themselves twice or three times now including Tuesday, but still not able to log in. I think it could be that once they reset my password it might expire before I've had the chance at logging in. I don't know, but I assume that's what it could be. If ever I do manage to log into self-serve I'll have to change my security questions cause if ever I attempt to reset my password I won't be able to because it refuses to except my answer to my security question which I know for a fact I answered it properly so that is also confusing, but like you mentioned it could be because my answer was numerical. But then if if we can't use numerical numbers for an answer then why did it except it in the first place when I pressed continue it didn't say that I can't use numerical numbers as an answer. When we choose "the year your father was born" as a security question then odds are people will use numerical numbers so that's real stupid in public Mobile part. Just seems retarded if that's what prevented me from being able to reset my pw 

And after this post why doesn't pm fix this issue if that is the reason why I wasn't able to log in to begin with.

Let's hope the reason I haven't been able to log in after a mod reset the pw for me is because it expires anywhere from 12,-24 hrs. If someone can confirm this for me then I'll make sure to check the forums on a regular basis because I'm curious to see if that's all it is.

The second I have access to self-serve ghen that's when I'll add min to my phone otherwise this might be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Meaning buh bye pm after 10 years of being a faithful customer. Let's hope this doesn't happen. Time will tell.

Sorry if you have tried this already...rather than reread the whole thread. You are doing this with a clear browser and use secret mode before you start. If and when hopefully Anna will reset for you and you can choose a different security question change it to an answer that is non numerical. One more comment if you don't mind. Is it all possible when you first chose and answered the security question during activation that you accidently hit an adjacent number like call 612 rather than 611. And just didn't notice the error at the time. I know I'm grasping at straws but maybe....?

ApatheticFloW

I've tried it all. Even the last time I had a mod set up a pw for me and when I attempted to log in I couldn't dame thing says I answered incorrectly.

I just responded to the latest mod "Anna" telling her that even though she unlocked my account I'm still not able to reset my pw because it's not excepting the answer to the security question which is the year my father was born and I think I know when my dad was born for crying out loud. Nothing to do with case sensitive bs. Let's see if Anna does what I requested and that was to set up a pw and pm it to me and once I log in  if I'm able to log in ilk then change it myself.

Here's the proof that I cant get past the security question which is bs cause I know for a fact I answered it properly and in the right format.Screenshot_20191001-160058_Samsung Internet.jpg

@darlicious wrote:

@ApatheticFloW  Essentially every time you deal with the moderators they give you the same process to try and reset your password but each time it fails. You're just going in circles and driving you bonkers. Have you asked for them to reset for you? Versus you doing it which isn't working. Or have they done the reset and it still doesn't work? Having never gone thru this I am unfamiliar with the process. Tagging an Oracle my be able to give you insight in the process or they may be able to offer a solution to give to the next moderator that will solve your problem. Then be sure to write down the password and security question/answer for the future along with your pin. I know it can't quell your frustration at this point but hopefully you will get sorted. Let's see if @NDesai  @mimmo  or @stonechucker  or even @David_J  can help you out or maybe they're pulling their hair out as well. Oops sorry....if that's the case.

@ApatheticFloW  Essentially every time you deal with the moderators they give you the same process to try and reset your password but each time it fails. You're just going in circles and driving you bonkers. Have you asked for them to reset for you? Versus you doing it which isn't working. Or have they done the reset and it still doesn't work? Having never gone thru this I am unfamiliar with the process. Tagging an Oracle my be able to give you insight in the process or they may be able to offer a solution to give to the next moderator that will solve your problem. Then be sure to write down the password and security question/answer for the future along with your pin. I know it can't quell your frustration at this point but hopefully you will get sorted. Let's see if @NDesai  @mimmo  or @stonechucker  or even @David_J  can help you out or maybe they're pulling their hair out as well. Oops sorry....if that's the case.

ApatheticFloW

@ApatheticFloW wrote:

I can't reset my password because it doesn't accept the answer to my security question can a mod reset my pw plz. I created  a thread pertaining to this, but I haven't received a solution yet let alone a response from a mod. I just want to log into self-serve and not the community. 

So after going through the same steps over and over again with four different mods and each time I cannot log into self-serve and everytime I get a different mod responding by asking me to submit my pin or to answer 4 other questions in order to confirm I'm the account owner. 

I'm fine with providing what's needed In order to confirm who I am, but after 4 times and still not able to log in i think something else needs to be looked at or idk, but trying the same thing over and over again expecting a different result is the meaning of "insanity" and it feels like I'm on crazy pills trying to figure out what went wrong in the first place.

It started one day when I couldn't log in so I attempted to follow the link and reset my pw and I that didn't work either when I reset my pw and tried to log in it said I entered the wrong info like wrong pw cause the email address is obviously right.  It's been two months since I last added min and unless this gets resolved I might not renew I mean I've been with Public Mobile since pretty much day one and it's out of my hands at this point so if PB cares then it's up to them to have someone look into this and answer me after I mention It didn't work instead of having a new mod ask me to go over the same **bleep** all over again.

Thx

So I just followed the steps and when I got to where I had to answer a security question it says it's the wrong answer.

The question is what year my father was born. I think I know what year he was born so **bleep** this security bs and skip this step and someone set up the pw and send it to me at this point isn't it the simplistic thing to do since nothing else is working!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Here's a screenshot showing where I got to and how after answering the question with the right answer it locks me out.Screenshot_20191001-160058_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hey @David_J,

Not sure if this a bug with the community, or if it's a Safari or IPadOS 13.1.1 issue.  

I’m noticing a problem with community notifications when long pressing on a link, selecting in a new tab, in the latest Safari browser on iPadOS 13.1.1 (latest). Link would previously go to what I assumed would be a per a link to the post, but now goes to top of page of page 1 of post. Works fine if I simply press on the link to open the link.

This was working prior to updating from iOS 12.4.something this evening.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@David_J that will work. It's nice to Minimize clicks to get answers.  This way people will see the categories right away instead of needing to expand. 

@mimmo 

Thanks for the suggestion - we could build the link to expand one of the index sections (ie. 'Getting Started') but cannot open all of them.

David_J

cc. @Alan_K 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K  great  to see. Might be asking too much but anyway to have them automatically expanded rather than closed when using the link?

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi all, I am also seeing an issue with quoting messages and will share with Lithium- stay tuned.

@mimmo We added a direct link this morning to Help Articles.

I've been experiencing sluggish response from the PM Community site for a few weeks. I usually have to submit a new post several times before it's accepted - since it reverts the (plaintext without fornatting) to some sort of FrankenLithium pseudo-html script. I usually have to clipboard edited text and retry a few times - since it just hangs the page indefinitely (without posting changes) until close the tab.

And Self-Serve is of course glacial in every way possible. (As it always has been, but at least it still works without freezing or timeouts.)

I thought this was all somehow caused by mobile browsing or by the garbage Google software on my device. But it seems evident the PM sites are breaking down and in dire need of maintenance.

I can say that I've already been unable to gain referrals because they aren't confident PM will be reliable whenever they actually have problems which require support - they chose Lucky, Lucky, Fido, and Freedom - and I don't fault their decisions since PM only provides a peer-driven support model running on a cantankerous half-broken website. Hope it all gets fixed up because we pay less for no frills at PM but we're also at the point where we can pay less to get essential frills at competing services. 

@djkorchi wrote:

Hi, I'm not sure that this is the appropriate place to report that I'm having some technical issues with these forums. I posted a question to the getting started forum, but it seems to have vanished in the wind. Another forum user mentioned it to me in dm, so I've re-posted it, and it again seems to have vanished. They mentioned that it's possible this is due to quickly editing a post, but I never changed the post after its initial posting. 

Intruigingly, I can still find the posts here and here. Can anyone offer any insight into this issue?

I had this issue the other day where as my post to announcements : community rewards disappeared about an hour after posting with only one spelling mistake edit...also noticed another post a couple of weeks ago disappeared from the same category. @will13am  responded to my post saying too many icons etc triggers the spam filter?

@djkorchiYour 2 links renders as Message not found for me.

Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 10.11.04 PM.png

djkorchi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm not sure that this is the appropriate place to report that I'm having some technical issues with these forums. I posted a question to the getting started forum, but it seems to have vanished in the wind. Another forum user mentioned it to me in dm, so I've re-posted it, and it again seems to have vanished. They mentioned that it's possible this is due to quickly editing a post, but I never changed the post after its initial posting. 

Intruigingly, I can still find the posts here and here. Can anyone offer any insight into this issue?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@YVREmpty Message bodies (whether people deleted it afterwards or not) will have S

appended to the end of the title

Need Help? Let's chat.