cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Community Technical Issues

@NDesai, as you're the author of this thread, I'd like to make a suggestion that will help me, and possibly others with vision impairments to better make use of this website. EDIT: @David_J, I see you're the PM contact on this, I'm tagging you for your information also.   Thanks!

When 'Quoting", the font that is used is thinner, and appears shaded, compared to the standard text.  This makes it near impossible to read for me.

Can we request that the 'Quote' feature be set up to not change the font styles other than to add the orange marker line(s) on the left, and the indenting of the text to show the levels of the quoting?

Thanks for your consideration.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bonjour vous avez raison vous avez droit a avoir votre service comme tout les client mes public mobile n'est pas a l'écoute de ses client meme pas de service a clientele direct pour discuter de nos problème sa fait un année que je veut avoir une aide et je les toujours pas et je l'aurait jamais donc abonner vous dans d'autre compagnie si vous vouler pas de problème PUBLIC MOBILE ZÉRO sa vaut rien comme étoile de recommandantion aller magasiner a d'autre place si vous vouler pas perdre votre ARGENTmerci et bonne journée.

Mayor / Maire

@quebec12345 wrote:

Bonjour vous avez raison vous avez droit a avoir votre service comme tout les client mes public mobile n'est pas a l'écoute de ses client meme pas de service a clientele direct pour discuter de nos problème sa fait un année que je veut avoir une aide et je les toujours pas et je l'aurait jamais donc abonner vous dans d'autre compagnie si vous vouler pas de problème PUBLIC MOBILE ZÉRO sa vaut rien comme étoile de recommandantion aller magasiner a d'autre place si vous vouler pas perdre votre ARGENTmerci et bonne journée.

Google Translate:

Une année!? Mais non, il n'y a pas de centre d'appels ici.

Avez-vous essayé de contacter les modérateurs ici? N'ont-ils pas été en mesure de résoudre votre problème?

Quel est le problème que tu as depuis tout ce temps?

Oracle

@stonechucker wrote:

When 'Quoting", the font that is used is thinner, and appears shaded, compared to the standard text.  This makes it near impossible to read for me.

Can we request that the 'Quote' feature be set up to not change the font styles other than to add the orange marker line(s) on the left, and the indenting of the text to show the levels of the quoting?

I don't think it's too shaded that it's not readable. If you want to read a quote, just read the original post you are trying to quote. I think it's fine how it is. If you look at quotes on private messages, i think that needs to be changed to how it is in posts. 

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Mayor / Maire

@NDesai wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

I don't think it's too shaded that it's not readable. If you want to read a quote, just read the original post you are trying to quote. I think it's fine how it is. If you look at quotes on private messages, i think that needs to be changed to how it is in posts. 

@NDesai not everyone has 20/20 vision.  There is definitely less contrast in the quoted text, and I don't think this is an unreasonable request.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

@srlawren wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@NDesai not everyone has 20/20 vision.  There is definitely less contrast in the quoted text, and I don't think this is an unreasonable request.  

Sure, but that is exactly what differentiates quote vs the post at the bottom. If you look closely, quote within a quote is even more shaded. But yeah, i have no problem with them increasing the contrast a bit, but not too much that it almost matches the regular post style. 

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Mayor / Maire

@NDesai wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

It's generally accepted practice to not challenge someone who is claiming some difficulty with something when they self-declare some kind of diminished capability ie. sight.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

désoler je suis francais je lit pas votre langue merci

Mayor / Maire

@NDesai wrote:

Sure, but that is exactly what differentiates quote vs the post at the bottom. If you look closely, quote within a quote is even more shaded. But yeah, i have no problem with them increasing the contrast a bit, but not too much that it almost matches the regular post style. 

@NDesai do note that @stonechucker offered up a pretty solid alternative.  Changing the grey bar the runs along the left-hand side of quoted text to Public Mobile Orange would surely draw enough differentiation between quoted and new text.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@quebec12345 wrote:

désoler je suis francais je lit pas votre langue merci

Pardon. Je ne parle pas français et j'ai donc essayé d'utiliser Google Translate pour essayer de vous aider.Il y a tout un côté français sur ce site. Cliquez sur l'icône Francais en haut à droite.

Sorry. I speak no French and so tried using Google Translate to try to help you.