Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Technical Issues

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hey Community, 

From time to time Lithium, our community platform, updates the system and causes some issues that changes how we interact with this community. Issues such as users are not receiving community notifications OR users are not being redirected to the first unread post. These examples might change the way we browse this community.

Use this topic to discuss and report any Community related issues. Out staff member, @David_J, will use this to track all reported issues. Let's help him to make this community even better. 

Thank you. 

502 REPLIES 502

@Anonymous FYI: as far as I can tell quebec12345's posts have all been non-sequitars in French on the English forum suggesting folks leave PM. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@srlawren wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Sure, but that is exactly what differentiates quote vs the post at the bottom. If you look closely, quote within a quote is even more shaded. But yeah, i have no problem with them increasing the contrast a bit, but not too much that it almost matches the regular post style. 

@NDesai do note that @stonechucker offered up a pretty solid alternative.  Changing the grey bar the runs along the left-hand side of quoted text to Public Mobile Orange would surely draw enough differentiation between quoted and new text.

Not sure if that is even possible. I am currently staring at my 1080p screen and may be that is why i see it so clearly. Anyways, i ll leave it up to David to see if something like that is possible. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@quebec12345 do you happen to use Google Chrome?  If so, you can add in an extension that gives you a Google Translate button for every page:  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-translate/aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb?hl=en-US... Alternatively, you could visit the French version of the community:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Communaut%C3%A9-Public-Mobile/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Comm...

Translated with Google Translate:

@ quebec12345 utilisez-vous Google Chrome? Si tel est le cas, vous pouvez ajouter une extension qui vous donne un bouton Google Translate pour chaque page: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-translate/aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb?hl=en-US

Alternativement, vous pouvez visiter la version française de la communauté: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Communaut%C3%A9-Public-Mobile/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Comm...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@quebec12345 wrote:

désoler je suis francais je lit pas votre langue merci

Pardon. Je ne parle pas français et j'ai donc essayé d'utiliser Google Translate pour essayer de vous aider.Il y a tout un côté français sur ce site. Cliquez sur l'icône Francais en haut à droite.

Sorry. I speak no French and so tried using Google Translate to try to help you.

srlawren

@NDesai wrote:

Sure, but that is exactly what differentiates quote vs the post at the bottom. If you look closely, quote within a quote is even more shaded. But yeah, i have no problem with them increasing the contrast a bit, but not too much that it almost matches the regular post style. 

@NDesai do note that @stonechucker offered up a pretty solid alternative.  Changing the grey bar the runs along the left-hand side of quoted text to Public Mobile Orange would surely draw enough differentiation between quoted and new text.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

quebec12345
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

désoler je suis francais je lit pas votre langue merci

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

When 'Quoting", the font that is used is thinner, and appears shaded, compared to the standard text.  This makes it near impossible to read for me.

Can we request that the 'Quote' feature be set up to not change the font styles other than to add the orange marker line(s) on the left, and the indenting of the text to show the levels of the quoting?

I don't think it's too shaded that it's not readable. If you want to read a quote, just read the original post you are trying to quote. I think it's fine how it is. If you look at quotes on private messages, i think that needs to be changed to how it is in posts. 

It's generally accepted practice to not challenge someone who is claiming some difficulty with something when they self-declare some kind of diminished capability ie. sight.

@srlawren wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

When 'Quoting", the font that is used is thinner, and appears shaded, compared to the standard text.  This makes it near impossible to read for me.

Can we request that the 'Quote' feature be set up to not change the font styles other than to add the orange marker line(s) on the left, and the indenting of the text to show the levels of the quoting?

I don't think it's too shaded that it's not readable. If you want to read a quote, just read the original post you are trying to quote. I think it's fine how it is. If you look at quotes on private messages, i think that needs to be changed to how it is in posts. 

@NDesai not everyone has 20/20 vision.  There is definitely less contrast in the quoted text, and I don't think this is an unreasonable request.  

srlawren

@NDesai wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@NDesai not everyone has 20/20 vision.  There is definitely less contrast in the quoted text, and I don't think this is an unreasonable request.  

@stonechucker wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@quebec12345 wrote:

Bonjour vous avez raison vous avez droit a avoir votre service comme tout les client mes public mobile n'est pas a l'écoute de ses client meme pas de service a clientele direct pour discuter de nos problème sa fait un année que je veut avoir une aide et je les toujours pas et je l'aurait jamais donc abonner vous dans d'autre compagnie si vous vouler pas de problème PUBLIC MOBILE ZÉRO sa vaut rien comme étoile de recommandantion aller magasiner a d'autre place si vous vouler pas perdre votre ARGENTmerci et bonne journée.

Google Translate:

Une année!? Mais non, il n'y a pas de centre d'appels ici.

Avez-vous essayé de contacter les modérateurs ici? N'ont-ils pas été en mesure de résoudre votre problème?

Quel est le problème que tu as depuis tout ce temps?

quebec12345

Bonjour vous avez raison vous avez droit a avoir votre service comme tout les client mes public mobile n'est pas a l'écoute de ses client meme pas de service a clientele direct pour discuter de nos problème sa fait un année que je veut avoir une aide et je les toujours pas et je l'aurait jamais donc abonner vous dans d'autre compagnie si vous vouler pas de problème PUBLIC MOBILE ZÉRO sa vaut rien comme étoile de recommandantion aller magasiner a d'autre place si vous vouler pas perdre votre ARGENTmerci et bonne journée.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai, as you're the author of this thread, I'd like to make a suggestion that will help me, and possibly others with vision impairments to better make use of this website. EDIT: @David_J, I see you're the PM contact on this, I'm tagging you for your information also.   Thanks!

Thanks for your consideration.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pbst2000 wrote:

I have similar issue too

my account has more than enough money and my sim card is suspended

So you apparently read some of the thread...did you try any of the suggestions?

ie. lost/stolen, additional $1

pbst2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have similar issue too

my account has more than enough money and my sim card is suspended

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Uk372 wrote:

Will try that and also how long does mods take to reply ?

@Uk372

Mods still up to 72 hrs i believe..

Uk372

Will try that and also how long does mods take to reply ?

Carld123

@Uk372

Try the lost/ stolen trick...report as lost for 5-10 minutes..then click found and reboot the phone....

Uk372

20181229_162835.jpg

Carld123

@Uk372

Screenshot of your account page and payment section with your personal info blocked out may help someone decifer this for you

Uk372

I got 25$ refer bonus and i can see i have 500mb of data none used yet so i am sure and i paid 34.50 for the plan and then i got 25$ refer balance and 5 dollar extra 

Carld123

@Uk372

If you opened the account with 30$ andstill have30$ in your account maybe the plan wasnt purchased?

Uk372

Yes i am on a 30$ plan. 

Carld123

@Uk372

Does it show you actually picked a plan?

Uk372

It says account active and o have extra 30$ in my account as well. When someone calls it says not in service umc2

Carld123

@Uk372

Is the self serve page for your new Sim active??

Uk372

Hello i bought a sim yesterday and my phone is xiaomi redmi note 5. This sim is not getting any signals at all. I changed my phone but same thing i already have public mobile workin on my s9 but my new sim did not work. Its says network not registered and when i call its says number not in service umc2 i guess. Even the sim not working in my s9 in which i am already using public mobile.

srlawren

@Nasmerk that has nothing to do with Public Mobile.  Please create a new thread in The Lounge area: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/bd-p/The_Lounge

Nasmerk

Who can help choose the most reliable antivirus https://antivirus-review.com and can you trust this rating at all??

quebec12345

bref.png

Need Help? Let's chat.