cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Stats

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

New members to the community often ask what kind of participation is required to earn a community reward. Here are the averaged daily post counts of the current top 15 on the bravo leaderboard.

1. @gblackma                35.0                              
  2. @Jb456                       6.3
  3. @darlicious                 22.0
  4. @Anonymous                  17.3
  5. @popping                    8.2
  6. @JoyLuck                    8.3
  7. @CannonFodder        13.0
  8. @Triguy                        8.0
  9. @geopublic                 17.7
  10. @hairbag1                   4.0
  11. @kselmak                    3.75
  12. @computergeek541  6.69*
  13. @AE_Collector            3.1
  14. @will13am                  6.63*
  15. @dabr                          3.75

* Oracle        

**** Please do not bravo this post or the following post as its for informational purposes only.

57 REPLIES 57

@darlicious As an amateur statistician who "manually" prepares her analyses, this article about the developer of the MBTI may peak your interest. I understand all the original statistics to affirm the concepts were calculated without computers, or even calculators! https://www.capt.org/mbti-assessment/isabel-myers.htm?bhcp=1 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Jb456 wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@will13am wrote:

It is career limiting and a race to the bottom.  Every type A member that played the leaderboard game has either broken themselves over time or develop a damaging reputation.  Just look at what happened on the weekend.  It is discussions like this that squeeze the competitive juices in altogether the wrong way and lead to greater divisiveness in the community.  Achievement without respect isn't worth much.

That last sentence is something that you should be all too familiar with.....😠

An Oracle, using Oracle privileges, for his own agenda in the lounge no less...🤔

And in the process, making an insulting, baseless accusation, or insinuation, if you will, which goes to my point about his own sentence above, about respect, or lack thereof. 😠

Oh, and sorry @darlicious , I see yet another moving of off-topic posts coming on, any time now..... they'll all be sent down to the Lounge, where we're free to talk amongst ourselves..... oh, wait..... 🤔 🙄

"An Oracle, using Oracle privileges, for his own agenda in the lounge no less"

Many days those "privileges" feel more like responsibilities. 

Though I do consider it a privilege to have some, meagre, influence on this forum, products, and rewards.

william windmills.jpeg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

The fourth post here has some good points. 

Until PM does something, this topic is like a bunch of monkeys in a barrel. PM also needs to realize, in my opinion only, mistreated customers in the Community may be to their detriment.  

@CannonFodder wrote:

@will13am wrote:

It is career limiting and a race to the bottom.  Every type A member that played the leaderboard game has either broken themselves over time or develop a damaging reputation.  Just look at what happened on the weekend.  It is discussions like this that squeeze the competitive juices in altogether the wrong way and lead to greater divisiveness in the community.  Achievement without respect isn't worth much.

That last sentence is something that you should be all too familiar with.....😠

An Oracle, using Oracle privileges, for his own agenda in the lounge no less...🤔

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious , I am a believer in free speech and not nearly OCD enough to want to move this post.  Where you placed it is fine by me.  I am just saying that there is already enough competition ripping the community apart and that there is no need to pour accelerant into the fire.  If you have lots of time on your hands and want to be helpful, how about coming up with ideas that foster collaboration instead.  What would also be of better benefit to other members are lessons on how to provide better quality posts over massive quantities as @ShawnC13 has referred to.  I know there is no leaderboard tracking quality.  Rest assured, there is tangible recognition.  

@will13am  I love to post a topic that starts a lively discussion....i had no idea putting together a few stats i thought were interesting and other members might find as well was going to be so divisive to elicit statements such as: "It is discussions like this that squeeze the competitive juices in altogether the wrong way and lead to greater divisiveness in the community." nor did i imagine collating readily available statistics would amount to : "I am just saying that there is already enough competition ripping the community apart and that there is no need to pour accelerant into the fire."

I don't disagree......that race to collect all the Easter eggs in only one or two baskets can have negative affect on other members moral and diminish active participation in the community resulting in fewer voices and less diversity making the community weaker rather than stronger. I am a proponent of active participation by everyone regardless of knowledge, length of membership, contribution or ability to help others. Everyone should be encouraged to comment and add their opinions ....i make a point of voicing my opinion on this on a regular basis. There is constant pushback from the Oracle team that this should be a help only forum. When there are less and less posts/threads asking for help spread among helping members that alone will foster competitiveness and the even my posting of this thread has been met with derision.

I have spent much of my time in the lounge where I have started many threads inviting members to share about their pets, try a new drawing app that allow users to collaborate on each other's creativeness, offered to help members with recipe ideas and contributed other members lounge threads asking for humour (yours) , shopping tips and generally trying to bring members to participate in something.....but nobody knows what goes on in there unless they know to go to the "abyss" at the very bottom of the landing page with nary a notification unless tagged or an indication it even exists. Al social interactions are quickly cut out of existing threads and summarily moved to the lounge. How else do you propose I foster collaboration among members?

I think for the most part despite my high post count I set a very good example of what a quality post should be....i think mine are informative, well written (most of the time I do have my moments) original and yes often opinionated, foster discussion and debate, give a unique perspective and when I'm having a good day they even offer links that work! Short of hanging up a sign offering tutorials...."how else does one give lessons on providing quality posts?"

This of course is in my not so humble opinion.....and our shared belief in free speech and JMM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When there are different levels of rewards available depending on volume then it is by it's very nature an implied competition.

If someone wants to sit all day refreshing every second and immediately replying and maybe getting the bravos and maybe getting the solution then oh well.

I don't really think it's appropriate for Oracle's to criticize this method seeing as how they'll get their reward by not "competing" anyway.

But hey "free" speech and all that.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Bang on again, will13am! As I said earlier, we can only hope this discussion will promote some kind of change, now and in the future, but who knows? While I've been absent, I had always hoped someone would address the obvious concerning this matter. Kudos to you! Please try and post this matter again, from time to time, so the wider Community has an opportunity to engage and understand. Thanks.

I don't see this topic as fanning any flames at all, it is just information that we may not all be aware of. Of course people all interpret things differently.

Quiet here otherwise so generating some discussion.

Myself I feel like being helpful on the community by making up a template  that they can use when asking for here to fill in for their topic starting post.

Stuff like:

-plan I am on including cost, days and included data. 

-my last renewal date

-how long with Public Mobile

-my approximate location in Canada

-And likely a few more (not Too many) basic facts to include along with the OPs request for help.

But.. With no way to present the template to users asking for help and no way to encourage the first community member who replies to post the link to the template without launching into all the usual questions to pry info from the OP in hopes of getting "more Bravos" and "the Solution" ... It's hopeless.

AE_Collector

@PAULRANG18 , thank you for expressing your true feelings as a typical member.  This is exactly the issue I am trying bring out with my responses to this thread.  It is off putting to see type A members who need yet another post/bravo like they need another hole in the head come running with elbows out crowding everyone out of the way when a new response opportunity presents itself.  The community forum becomes a colosseum rather than a place to offer help.  As a result, what appears to be extraordinary effort is sullied and garner negative respect.  

PAULRANG18

Very well said, again, will13am! It's obvious this has become an intense competition between certain members and I'm glad you addressed it. This is why I haven't participated for a while. Hopefully, things change for the better but not sure. Everyone stay well during these dark times.

@will13am  Yes I suppose that manual (my style) collating of those stats would occupy a large amount of the time I have on my hands. But how to decide what is qualitative (variety of subject, informative, original, comprehensive) and what is not (repetitive ie macros? or repetitive in the same thread, frivolous, one line posts, incorrect/guesses) would be highly subjective.

@XionBunny wrote:

Topics like these take the fun out of helping here, helping in its self should be a selfless act, the fact we get any kind of compensation is just a bonus.

Are not the first 2 posts from OP helpful? So she is willing to allow us to better understand? I see nothing wrong with it. I am a numbers person too. But this is not some thing that I would undertake. But @darlicious has taken the time and interest to do so. So why discourage? If you don't like what you see, change the channel. 

@will13am wrote:

That last sentence is something that you should be all too familiar with..... 😠

XionBunny

Topics like these take the fun out of helping here, helping in its self should be a selfless act, the fact we get any kind of compensation is just a bonus.

@darlicious , I am a believer in free speech and not nearly OCD enough to want to move this post.  Where you placed it is fine by me.  I am just saying that there is already enough competition ripping the community apart and that there is no need to pour accelerant into the fire.  If you have lots of time on your hands and want to be helpful, how about coming up with ideas that foster collaboration instead.  What would also be of better benefit to other members are lessons on how to provide better quality posts over massive quantities as @ShawnC13 has referred to.  I know there is no leaderboard tracking quality.  Rest assured, there is tangible recognition.  

@ShawnC13  I have posted about solution and bravo counts per post ....perhaps not as comprehensive of a list as this one. @AE_Collector bemoaned his pitiful solution percentage (no offense meant) and you added a member with a high solution  percentage that I missed. As simple as these stats are you can read into them the quality of posts. With the exception of a few of us (myself included) the vast majority of the members in the top 22 as presented have a post count of 6 or lower indicating it is the quality of posts that matter not the quantity.

My own stats as a percentage of post/bravo/solution are very likely (without doing the math here) the worst of the entire list by a longshot. Those of you that have read many of them can decide if they are purely quantitative or qualitative or a combination of the two. Consistent top 22 members have a minimum 5 % solution rate with exceptionally few members over 10%. @AE_Collector and I have solution percentages well under 5%. But take the stats any way you want to read them.....or read into them.

@AE_Collector wrote:

I'm certain that looking back at the community rewards announcements or bravo leaderboard over several years, month by month would reveal exactly that, people coming and going. Large numbers of people waste spend inordinate amounts if time online, me included. The PM community is just another addiction for most of us here because we have time to be online, enjoy helping and appreciate the small rewards we may receive. But in the end once it becomes such a challenge, most will burn out and start to fall behind eventually finding a sustainable level of activity.

AE_Collector

Good point. But I would also like to add that some good people leave because they have been discouraged by some members here that have poor people skills and don’t promote or guide us all into good discussions. 

I'm certain that looking back at the community rewards announcements or bravo leaderboard over several years, month by month would reveal exactly that, people coming and going. Large numbers of people waste spend inordinate amounts of time online, me included. The PM community is just another addiction for most of us here because we have time to be online, enjoy helping and appreciate the small rewards we may receive. But in the end once it becomes such a challenge, most will burn out and start to fall behind and then eventually finding a sustainable level of activity.

AE_Collector

@darlicious , these stats are purely based on quantity why not emphasize the quality and look at Bravo's per post or percentage of solutions of the total post count

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@darlicious 

Keep up the good work. You seem to have similar tenacity as did Erin Brockovich. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if it's kind of an obsession/addiction thing that people eventually snap out of. I know I had what will13am mentioned...trying to be certain that I got maximum reward. But it takes a crap load o' time. I wonder that people just kind of move away from that if not even mostly stop. I became satisfied with any dubious achievements I had accomplished here and backed right off. I'm still here. I get ninja'd. Or I don't bother replying with yet another repeat post. I might clarify some mis-information if I feel like it. I still get that brain hit of satisfaction seeing a person on their way working.

But sure in this time of idle waiting for if and when the world might get back to any sense of normalcy...spend ones time however one sees fit.

PAULRANG18

Very well said, will13am. I couldn't agree more. I haven't posted anything for about a month and a half in the Community. It seems to have become a race ,a competition and it should not be that way. Don't know when I'll post regularly again.

Interesting stuff @darlicious 

I am a numbers person too so enjoyed seeing it presented this way. Doesn't really mean too much, just another way of presenting the available data.

As for "quality of posts", to some extent, though this is a very small sample period/size which makes the +/- % high.. Quality of posts is certainly an indicated factor.

AE_Collector

@will13am  Obviously statistics was not a course you enjoyed if it was a prerequisite in your education. The only statistics I use for a game are the official ones from MLB. Please remind me to never go to the Rogers Centre with you from the beginning of April thru September and possibly October.

I personally find stats enlightening and thought other members might find interest in them as well during the doldrums of late.....in being able to give help to other members. But if you feel I need to pad my own stats.... ha! .....please feel free to move this thread to the lounge. Its where ive been spending most of my time lately anyhow.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious honestly, if you are having to do calculations to reverse engineer the secret reward formula, life's priorities are totally misplaced.  The way this should work is you help where you can and let the rest take care of itself.  The thing you have to ask yourself is why on earth would anyone want to average 36 posts to make sure the $15 reward is earned?  There's less than 36 new threads per day, so you are looking at thread crapping in order to be on the top.  How do you know that quality of posts and demeanor in the community has zero value? 

Anyone in need to make rewards should look to referrals first and foremost.  Get a friend or family member to join and the reward is enduring.  The need to social distance is obviously an impediment at the moment.  Use the downtime to strategize how to best to make use of referral rewards after the covid-19 outbreak is behind us.  I guarantee the emotional wellbeing will be fantastic as will the monetary impact.  Don't we all wish to win friends and be influential?  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

......and bravo leaders #16 - #22. (There's no way round that 15 member limit per post!)

1. @ddeep91                   8.97
  2. @ShawnC13               5.12*
  3. @Luddite                     5.0*
  4. @Dunkman                 6.5
  5. @LurganleUk              6.46
  6. @Staliger                    6.43
  7. @mpcdesign              0.054**

* Oracle    **average since joining (avg.since 1st post approx. 4.5)

Need Help? Let's chat.