cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Noticiations / Tagging Not Showing "@mentioned"

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Apparently when someone responded to me by quoting or tagging me using @Dunkgirl I am supposed to get a notification that says "@username @mentioned you in" with a topic link in the notification feed to let me know so I can go to see... but its not displaying any. I get them to my e-mail but not here on the community. Is there an option I need to enable it ?

notification feed.png

8 REPLIES 8

@Anonymous wrote:

This is happening to me suddenly now too. A quoted reply tells me nothing when it used to. Someone specificallly using the username tells me but I'm sure this has always worked. Puzzling.

@AnonymousI am now having this exact same issue as well

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is happening to me suddenly now too. A quoted reply tells me nothing when it used to. Someone specificallly using the username tells me but I'm sure this has always worked. Puzzling.

Dunkgirl

@will13am wrote:

@Dunkgirl, when you click on the little bell in the upper right corner, do you not get a listing of all posts in which you are tagged or bravoed?  I think this should be automatic.  Notifications sent to email can be turned on or off.

Thank you for the help. It is working now, but was not when I opened the account, maybe it takes time for that part of the community account to work.

Bravo was showing up but I had been tagged multiple times and only got the e-mail, nothing in the notification feed but as of 3 hours ago the tagging has "magically" started working

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Dunkgirl, when you click on the little bell in the upper right corner, do you not get a listing of all posts in which you are tagged or bravoed?  I think this should be automatic.  Notifications sent to email can be turned on or off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkgirl wrote:

Its supposed to show a red dot with a number on the bell in the top right corner and display this in notification feed so you know if anyone is trying to get your attention by tagging you

That's what I have set. The only email I chose to get was private messages (if it wasn't already on by default). I get the red blob with a number in it for any other kinds of notifications.

dna2016 has your plan.

dna2016

@Dunkgirl, check your settings.  Go to "My settings", then select "Preferences".  There should be a number of options to enable.

Dunkgirl

@drmartin wrote:

@Dunkgirl wrote:

Apparently when someone responded to me by quoting or using @Dunkgirl@ I am supposed to get a notification that says "@username @mentioned you in" with a topic link to let me know so I can go to see... but its not displaying any. I get them to my e-mail but not here on the community. Is there an option I need to enable it ?

notification feed.png

I've never gotten that, I think it's just turned off.

Its supposed to show a red dot with a number on the bell in the top right corner and display this in notification feed so you know if anyone is trying to get your attention by tagging you

mentioned you.png

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dunkgirl wrote:

Apparently when someone responded to me by quoting or using @Dunkgirl@ I am supposed to get a notification that says "@username @mentioned you in" with a topic link to let me know so I can go to see... but its not displaying any. I get them to my e-mail but not here on the community. Is there an option I need to enable it ?

notification feed.png

I've never gotten that, I think it's just turned off.

Need Help? Let's chat.